GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I am so used to detailed focus work that I see this things sold and people buying them because there is nothing else in the market. Nothing like slapping 2 cups and welding a chopped bar to it and calling it a day... I think the ECS seems like the ticket in this case, maybe fabricate it with a notch on the area that the exhaust crosses over. I will have to get under the car to see if there is a viable way to use the same points the TB uses while still running above or at least higher than theirs with either CrMo tubing or thin wall DOM. I don't think the torsion in that area is so extreme that it will deflect round tubing... should be about the same if not less than a strut tower.

I agree the ECS brace could’ve just been notched, they simply didn’t account for how tightly tucked to the chassis my exhaust parts are (no droopy boi systems here).

Here’s a wide angle under the wife’s GLI for mid day brainstorming fuel.

IMG_0420.jpeg
IMG_0420.jpeg

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
This might not be everyone's taste but I've finally got around to installing my Diode Dynamics motorsport lighting. Need to wait until tonight to dial in the beam location. Waiting to see if their 5" pods ever go on sale and add a fee more to the front

Attachments

• 20230519_153715.jpg
    20230519_153715.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230519_153730.jpg
    20230519_153730.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230519_153735.jpg
    20230519_153735.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
This might not be everyone's taste but I've finally got around to installing my Diode Dynamics motorsport lighting. Need to wait until tonight to dial in the beam location. Waiting to see if their 5" pods ever go on sale and add a fee more to the front
Everyone's car is their own to do with as they please.

With that said, this confuses me. Why?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You need to fiberglass mold those into the hood

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You need to face one back for those Bro Trucks with the Carolina squat that drive behind you with the 5 million lumen light bar

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
Swcrow, I was looking lazerlamps but they are beyond expensive and they don't make kits for any VWs. They have pod kits for Fiestas, Skoda and Citroën.
I've been looking all over from rallying ation, Lazerlamps, everywhere. These particular lights are used on dirt fish cars. I know I'm not zipping around the woods at night but I'd like yo be able to

BikoLite

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 GTI SE
Put a lot of junk in my trunk.. err hatch. 😀

The Good: drove down to my friend’s shop so I could mount and balance the 255/35s on my new wheels. Only needed 1/2oz to 3/4oz in weights per wheel. Balanced each wheel twice because I thought it was off. Kudos to Apex and Michelin for that.

The Bad: had to stop and park under a gas station awning on the hour drive home due to potential hail.

IMG_4183.jpeg

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Met Larry Chen today. Cool down to earth dude. Mad respect for a big name guy to take some time to hang out with a small group of car enthusiasts. He loved my wagon and took a video and some pics of it. I also use Jay Leno's Garage detailing stuff and I guess he does the advertising media for it so he and his crewed loved seeing someone use it in the wild. So keep your eyes peeled! The mountain in the background is the island of Maui 26ish miles away.
View attachment 281278
View attachment 281279
View attachment 281280
Looks like you're living the life...good for you (y)

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Finally flashed the EQT dsg file i bought in Nov. Hard to tell since i drive in M only, but feels like this tune is better than the Unitronic one i had before. Less jerky, more responsive.
And actually shifts at the correct RPM.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Met Larry Chen today. Cool down to earth dude. Mad respect for a big name guy to take some time to hang out with a small group of car enthusiasts. He loved my wagon and took a video and some pics of it. I also use Jay Leno's Garage detailing stuff and I guess he does the advertising media for it so he and his crewed loved seeing someone use it in the wild. So keep your eyes peeled! The mountain in the background is the island of Maui 26ish miles away.
View attachment 281278
View attachment 281279
View attachment 281280
Amazing oh and the scenery is cool too