GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
It's not a drastic change but the car feels like it has less roll and feels more predictable without lowering the center of gravity if that makes sense. It makes the ride feel more "solid"...hard to explain.
I cant help but think a set of stiff poly bushings would do the same thing.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Does it actually make a noticeable difference?

Is there an actual demand for a version of these that fits properly?

Reason I ask is we’re a few days out on having CNC plasma cutting & 3D scanning capabilities literally two doors down.
There's a 99.8% chance I'd buy it. I'd ship my TB Performance brace to Daks for free.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Are RSB's that different? My stern brace fits with the H&R 26mm bar although it's tight.

I'm lowered, I'm pretty sure that traction bar would touch asphalt but hopefully it works for you. Would definitely be into the idea of a rear brace that fits better than the stern that isn't as low.
It seemed to work for most. There was a Stern Brace thread a while back and I had posted on there. You can see where the RSB would make contact with the brace.

PXL_20210529_172110852.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I see the next Baun performance product…. I’m in line
I think a catch can that works and an oil cooler that that doesn't leak, has a decent thermostat for street, big enough lines, rows on radiator & fits without too much labor

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I think a catch can that works and an oil cooler that that doesn't leak, has a decent thermostat for street, big enough lines, rows on radiator & fits without too much labor
The catch can that works and doesn't cause positive crankcase pressure would be incredible.

Seems like the closest thing to a high-HP supporting catch can is the APR kit.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
That sucks. I get weird moans and groans from the rear end and I'm convinced the brace is either touching the RSB now or the brace is loose. I should crawl under there and find out. Again, didn't love the fit of the stern brace but it's on there.

The first I heard it rubbing was turning up into my driveway. I had my friend stand by and confirm it was coming from the rear. Sure enough, that was the issue. I barely had any clearance either, but didn't expect it to rub.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Regarding the TB Performance Traction Bar... what if I told you guys that some Golfs have a giant, OEM, bar that goes between the rear wheels. Some people call it a torsion beam, but you can call it whatever you like. And further, some people even add another bar to that bar! Could I interest you all in that? 😁

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Put the AutoX set on.

Been meaning to post this for a while, but don't know what this part is called, but it's great for threading the lug bolts on. I think it was with the spare. Never seen it talked about on here

20230519_114038.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Does it actually make a noticeable difference?

Is there an actual demand for a version of these that fits properly?

Reason I ask is we’re a few days out on having CNC plasma cutting & 3D scanning capabilities literally two doors down.
This things are not that hard to make, they are using rectangular tubing but I don't think they are reaping any benefit from it in the way they are made... I went to their website and the weld on those things are raw. They say the "hand TIG and MIG", don't know why other than poor fitting on the tubing. Seems as the welds to the mounting points is in TIG. Where does the ECS hit the exhaust that it would need to be lowered?

BTW, Spulen also offers one, cheaper than the ECS as well and on sale now.

1684515188196.png

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
This things are not that hard to make, they are using rectangular tubing but I don't think they are reaping any benefit from it in the way they are made... I went to their website and the weld on those things are raw. They say the "hand TIG and MIG", don't know why other than poor fitting on the tubing. Seems as the welds to the mounting points is in TIG. Where does the ECS hit the exhaust that it would need to be lowered?

View attachment 281238
I just took this from their site but where the blue line is where it would hit. It cleared fine when I had the Borla exhaust though. If I recall correctly, there wasn't much give in the rear with my current setup without making a hugely atrocious gap between the tailpipes and rear diffuser. I had a hard time trying to fit it all in with that brace there that I just had to remove it.

Spulen's looks very similar to ECS' so I suspect the results would be the same.

1684518541491.png

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

View attachment 281238

Yeah that looks like something JimBob fabbed up lol, I’d be doing nothing similar.

Picture flat bottom aero parts with structural integrity.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Yeah that looks like something JimBob fabbed up lol, I’d be doing nothing similar.

Picture flat bottom aero parts with structural integrity.
I am so used to detailed focus work that I see this things sold and people buying them because there is nothing else in the market. Nothing like slapping 2 cups and welding a chopped bar to it and calling it a day... I think the ECS seems like the ticket in this case, maybe fabricate it with a notch on the area that the exhaust crosses over. I will have to get under the car to see if there is a viable way to use the same points the TB uses while still running above or at least higher than theirs with either CrMo tubing or thin wall DOM. I don't think the torsion in that area is so extreme that it will deflect round tubing... should be about the same if not less than a strut tower.