GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Trying to decide if I should pre-emptively upgrade to a BL PCV before my first track day this season. I have a 2017 GTI and did 3 days on track last year with no smoke issues that I noticed. That was on 225 Firehawk tires though. This time around will be my first time on 200tw tires, 245 RS4.

What do y’all think? If it ain’t broke (yet) don’t fix it or try the BL to avoid potential problems?
I would do something like the BMS CC.

I chose it because it's cost effective, easily reversible if you sell the car, and will allow you to monitor the health of your pcv.

If you're getting a lot of oil in the can at track day, then you'll know pcv is done. If only a little, you're good to go.

BM or BL, you can still get a bad one straight from VW. The CC will let you know.

If I got a bad PCV from VW, I'd remove it and return it as defective.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
View attachment 278594View attachment 278595

Filthy car is getting a bath tomorrow.

Installed the Aerofabb rear diffuser. Not terribly difficult, but the two center "C- braces" that bolt under the honeycomb on the valence require a little bit of patience and triple jointed baby hands to reach.

It comes with 3 options of spacers for fitment around various exhaust setups. I have the factory suitcase and mine sutured up tight to everything with zero spacers and no rubbing (the idea is to mount as close to the car as possible, as notated in instructions).

Similarly to exhaust installs, once assembled, loosely install and tighten front to back —everything literally set itself into place near perfectly. When my back loosens up I'll go over everything and see if I can make a couple1-2mm adjustments for my OCD.
It might just be the angle of the first shot but are you running different front and rear sizes?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Took the TDI for a smog check here in California... Passed, but I'm never comfortable while waiting those couple minutes, haha.

Attachments

• PXL_20230417_183207913.jpg
    PXL_20230417_183207913.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 45

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Took the TDI for a smog check here in California... Passed, but I'm never comfortable while waiting those couple minutes, haha.
Need to show my wife this. She's not uninterested in cars, but sees her TDI as just a normal car. I showed her how sport mode worked and she got excited and friendly uses it, but subsequently dismisses why she'd want a tune for more power 😒

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Need to show my wife this. She's not uninterested in cars, but sees her TDI as just a normal car. I showed her how sport mode worked and she got excited and friendly uses it, but subsequently dismisses why she'd want a tune for more power 😒
I've had the Kerma tune for over 30,000 miles, it's great... and keeps all your emissions equipment. I've never flashed back to stock for the smog test, no issues. Neuspeed intake doesn't add anything except some cool noise but has a CARB sticker so raises no concerns. I have dual exit exhaust through GTI valence, which means muffler is gone. But with the emissions equipment still present the sound of the car hasn't changed (which is what I wanted) so that doesn't raise any concerns with the smog testing either.

My check engine light is a known issue with AID retrofit on the TDI's.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Sometimes i wish I went with a different color on my wheels but then on days it’s clean and i look back at her I’m happy with it - cause i still Don’t know what other color id choose.. plus it looks cool AF when it’s sunny out
B9F17B06-EC56-4278-8C59-9449251EE47D.jpeg

KS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 R Lapis BlueDSG
Sometimes i wish I went with a different color on my wheels but then on days it’s clean and i look back at her I’m happy with it - cause i still Don’t know what other color id choose.. plus it looks cool AF when it’s sunny out
View attachment 278735
I would never own a black car, but, your's looks great in all black with the red accents. Very cool!

Bob.