GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Now that ARM is selling bicooler pipes, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. All pipes and fmic are ARM brand so installation was straight forward. Had to bend the recirculating pump sensor arm up and out of the way but I probably should have done that when I originally installed the fmic. At least my stock IC is no longer dead weight and putting some work in.
PXL_20230408_223939432.jpg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Now that ARM is selling bicooler pipes, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. All pipes and fmic are ARM brand so installation was straight forward. Had to bend the recirculating pump sensor arm up and out of the way but I probably should have done that when I originally installed the fmic. At least my stock IC is no longer dead weight and putting some work in.
View attachment 277935
How’s it feel so far? I would expect a slight decrease in turbo lag due to better flow.

Bicoolers ftw. I was thinking about buying the pipes and making a few mods to fit my CTS FMIC

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
How’s it feel so far? I would expect a slight decrease in turbo lag due to better flow.

Bicoolers ftw. I was thinking about buying the pipes and making a few mods to fit my CTS FMIC
I ran out last night but couldn't go too crazy since I had my son with me. It feels peppier but could be placebo since every time I make an adjustment, I feel like I gained 10+hp Also, temps were in the lower 50's last night. Time will tell, but I can't imagine any negative affects. I'm happy that I have both IC's working together now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

That’s actually reversed flow dynamics wise, the larger the volume the greater pressure drop will be, with a small fmic and the small factory IC you shouldn’t actually “feel” that drop though.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
That’s actually reversed flow dynamics wise, the larger the volume the greater pressure drop will be, with a small fmic and the small factory IC you shouldn’t actually “feel” that drop though.
Flow restrictions are much more likely to cause pressure drop in this type of system due to the small IC volume, as you noted. The bicooler arrangement typically increases flow and thus decreases pressure drop. I agree it’s unlikely to be easily felt.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Had the new bigger summer tires installed on the wheels (285/35/20 vs previous 255/40/20 on 10.5”) added the maxton splitter and skirts and Installed some universal rear spats and some gloss black raindeflectors on the Tiguan… with the new tires I had to raise the suspension up about 3/4-1” as well to not rub with the flush and meaty fitment, rides much better (comfort wise) but also fells alarmingly higher from the driver seat with just a small difference.

I got some spoiler side extension things and a top add on extenstion in the mail too then all install those and kill the wiper and the same time 😅
449BDB18-1714-42B9-89D6-8B3D54F69F40.jpeg

242AB156-35C9-4A3C-9AF6-58799733401C.jpeg
D1F6C865-0A2E-4151-8ECE-08A94DB29666.jpeg
596FCD40-D1A0-47C0-8846-80282805943A.jpeg

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Don’t the halogen headlights bother you on the Tig? That always bothered me about the R-Line Blacks
Sure, but I never drive it at night really… and turned off the halogen housings look good to me - so even the China $650 version of the bouncy led lights are down the list on the priority mods. This thing still hasn’t even hit 15k miles and we got it summer of 21.