GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Not today, but Friday. Discovered that somebody effectively hit & run'd me, while I was parked next to a friend's GR Corolla and another's Mazda3 Turbo. All of us white/WSM (I'm special), and apparently I'm the only one who got hit. We all backed in.

I'm pretty pissed, I thought it was bird shit at first but nope, somebody dinged and dashed. No note, nothing. I called the restaurant once I saw it to see if they have cameras or anything, There's regular white paint on my bumper and some scratches and scrapes, now I need to find a body shop I can trust to handle this. The bumper luckily I was able to push back into place without too much issue and the headlight isn't damaged, but it's supremely annoying. It was the first time I've had the car out since last year sometime.

Anyone in the central PA area know of a trustworthy/reliable body shop? I'm willing to spend money to get it fixed right, though I think it could be repaired to 'good enough' without a brand new bumper.

FML 🤬

PXL_20230324_232645778.jpg
PXL_20230324_232632702.jpg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Did the clips break or just pop free by the fender? The screw probably cracked free, but the clips can hold it just fine.
I honestly haven't even looked at the screw, we spent today doing suspension on my wife's car (well, she did the work, I pitched in here and there and otherwise hung out). It wasn't popped out far, so I pushed it back into place. I'm just extremely annoyed that it's not the first time someone has hit this car, and moreover that it's the time I took it out against my initial judgement because I wanted to show it to SCCA friends at our meeting. I'm not going to stop taking it out for fun things, but it's such a bummer that people don't respect others enough to leave a note, say something to a manager, something. Anything.

I haven't bothered looking for a good place to ground that ground yet, either. But I have a new steering wheel on the way, so that'll give me some motivation to get in there and see if I can find a bolt to run through, OOR I may just drill a hole in the seat bracket and stick a 3/16 nut and bolt in it. It all touches the body eventually, right?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Front windshield wiper delete. Could barely see squat driving around my neighborhood in the rain.

Rookie mistake. You can only delete one side. If you're going to do a front delete, you have to leave the rear and only drive in reverse.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Even if they did they are down to 3” by the flex section & the cat is so far back it’s never going to keep CEL off.

Mines 3.5” all the way till the OEM resonator delete cut point on AWD cars & optional 3.5” MP to about the same point for FWD

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Not today, but Friday. Discovered that somebody effectively hit & run'd me, while I was parked next to a friend's GR Corolla and another's Mazda3 Turbo. All of us white/WSM (I'm special), and apparently I'm the only one who got hit. We all backed in.

I'm pretty pissed, I thought it was bird shit at first but nope, somebody dinged and dashed. No note, nothing. I called the restaurant once I saw it to see if they have cameras or anything, There's regular white paint on my bumper and some scratches and scrapes, now I need to find a body shop I can trust to handle this. The bumper luckily I was able to push back into place without too much issue and the headlight isn't damaged, but it's supremely annoying. It was the first time I've had the car out since last year sometime.

Anyone in the central PA area know of a trustworthy/reliable body shop? I'm willing to spend money to get it fixed right, though I think it could be repaired to 'good enough' without a brand new bumper.

FML 🤬

View attachment 276638View attachment 276639
Sorry to see it ☹️ Another reminder to me to get a dashcam!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've give my left pinky for one of these. Trackslag hasn't had a catted option available for a while now.

I don't think he accepts pinkies as payment. Good news is, you can get one for $2600.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Cursed at it. Finished up putting in my coilers and have a clunking/popping noise. I suspect it is my EMD RSB as I reused the bolts and hardware.

Edit: got under the car. Passenger side RSB bushing has quite a bit of play.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I don't think he accepts pinkies as payment. Good news is, you can get one for $2600.

$2,450 for GTI & $3,250 for the R (because it’s only available as a DP & MP combo replacing all the way till after the OEM resonator).

I’m sure that’s some kind of jab, insinuating that’s expensive for what it is, but on that note you’ve got a open invitation to sit down and order the materials for one with me, then hang out for the 26 hours each it takes to build one, then box it up & ship it (not included in that 26 hours btw). Subtract out the 3% PayPal takes & the shipping cost & we’re right at my $70 an hour shop rate…but don’t forget to subtract the $100-$200 electric bill, & what it cost to have a $55,000 shop with about the same in tooling to enable me to build such products.

So now we’re down to me taking in about $20 an hour, which is 1/3rd the rate I make at my day job as I type this now, & that’s not accounting for paying myself back for development time/weld fixture costs.

It’s easy to sit back and throw out a random number that’s not even present on my price list, when you have absolutely zero idea what it takes to turn out the only part available to support this platform with a 850hp rated & emissions compliant option.

0835A820-B27B-4BA2-942B-005D380BC2FD.jpeg

I don’t build them to be cheap, they sell for what it cost to build & fill voids in the market because I enjoy doing it. My real job bought all this shit, the business is to hopefully pay me back for it eventually.

-end rant

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
$2,450 for GTI & $3,250 for the R (because it’s only available as a DP & MP combo replacing all the way till after the OEM resonator).

I’m sure that’s some kind of jab, insinuating that’s expensive for what it is, but on that note you’ve got a open invitation to sit down and order the materials for one with me, then hang out for the 26 hours each it takes to build one, then box it up & ship it (not included in that 26 hours btw). Subtract out the 3% PayPal takes & the shipping cost & we’re right at my $70 an hour shop rate…but don’t forget to subtract the $100-$200 electric bill, & what it cost to have a $55,000 shop with about the same in tooling to enable me to build such products.

So now we’re down to me taking in about $20 an hour, which is 1/3rd the rate I make at my day job as I type this now, & that’s not accounting for paying myself back for development time/weld fixture costs.

It’s easy to sit back and throw out a random number that’s not even present on my price list, when you have absolutely zero idea what it takes to turn out the only part available to support this platform with a 850hp rated & emissions compliant option.

View attachment 276653

-end rant

Defensive much?

Wasn't a jab at all. Just starting that he won't need to cut off his pinky, but if he does want one, that's the cost (based on your current prices listed on your page for a GTI one). $2,450 for a 4" GTI downpipe, $150 for top half coated. What's random about that?

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I value my pinky at more than $2600 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And for what it's worth, which honestly, should be jack shit since I'm not the one building, selling, or buying the product, so my opinion should mean fuckall to you (or anyone, really)... I think your downpipe is priced perfectly fine for what it is. It uses a catalytic converter that alone costs more than most people spend on the whole downpipe for this platform.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Defensive much?

Wasn't a jab at all. Just starting that he won't need to cut off his pinky, but if he does want one, that's the cost (based on your current prices listed on your page for a GTI one). $2,450 for a 4" GTI downpipe, $150 for top half coated. What's random about that?

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I value my pinky at more than $2600 🤣

Insert foot in mouth lol, sometimes I take FB sarcasm PTSD & lay it over forum comments.

My wife absolutely hates that I do this rather than working the occasional extra shift at work, but we don’t have race cars here so that’s a hard pass lol
7C968B39-C9C1-4EB8-95FD-B8D8962B79A1.jpeg