GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Its Cerakote brand, rated for 2,000*F and as mentioned helps retain heat & thus reduce engine bay temperatures.

I outsource the coating to another small business, Marine Corps vet & all around awesome dude.

Also rust resistant as mentioned as well. 304 stainless doesn’t normally rust, but the V2 uses a mandrel bend, so the steel from the mandrel itself on the bender transfers a microscopic amount out iron that can rust.

Also, if you get stainless extremely hot the alloys that make stainless stainless can cook out of it. So all around it’s a cheap insurance to protect your investment & if nothing else look cool doing it.
34A40BB4-7670-4180-AFBF-852D5167EE9B.jpeg

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
The look of that under the engine bay will be sick @GTI Jake

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
@GTI Jake does the coating cover the EPA numbers (I forget what they're called) to the point where it could be an issue, or do downpipes come with paperwork? What's the additional cost of this on a downpipe?

also

[03] ABS -> Adaptation ->
hydraulic brake assist - 11966
straight ahead brake stabilization - 25757

I turned off straight ahead brake stabilization and the car no longer feels scary when braking from higher speeds, I left hydraulic brake assist alone though and haven't looked at XDS yet. It rained on the drive home so I couldn't get into it a whole lot, but on the drive out the car was fantastic. Maybe this weekend I'll figure out a ground point for the seat box, but otherwise everything seems peachy.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Cerakote is pretty damn thin coating. I can't see it covering up the engraved numbers unless the coating was improperly applied, i.e. the person had no clue what they were doing.
Fair, I wasn't sure if they were engraved or just like etched or something, and it was a bit hard to see in the picture.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I don’t think it’s necessary? If you have an inspection, it will not pass regardless. It’s not an OEM piece and that makes it illegal per EPA. And Jake documents most of his downpipes as he does them from what I’ve seen. So you get to see your cat pre-cerakote.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
$1425 for the seats and brackets (I bought both from Corbeau), then the supporting cancellers, wiring harness, PODS system/heating pad for the passengers' side were $340 + shipping. So a bit under $1800. I did forgo Corbeau's heating option, but did the lumbar support for both seats. I think base price is under $1000 for the seats.

that hurts to type out, but luckily I have the seats to comfort me.
That's not a bad price at all. Just one recaro is $1400.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Poped an EPC light on it tonight. Pulled over and I'm in limp mode on 2 cylinders. Plug in my obd 11 and scanned the codes. Naturally it's all unknown. I think obd 11 has went completely useless. Scanned with my cobb but forgot to save the codes before I cleared. Multiple misfires, cylinder deactivation, and an underboost code. Also had a nice SAFE light on the dash I have never seen before. Cleared the codes, cycled the ignition and all is well. Must have been a glitch in the matrix.

Screenshot_20230324_191234_OBDeleven VAG.jpg
20230324_191306.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Poped an EPC light on it tonight. Pulled over and I'm in limp mode on 2 cylinders. Plug in my obd 11 and scanned the codes. Naturally it's all unknown. I think obd 11 has went completely useless. Scanned with my cobb but forgot to save the codes before I cleared. Multiple misfires, cylinder deactivation, and an underboost code. Also had a nice SAFE light on the dash I have never seen before. Cleared the codes, cycled the ignition and all is well. Must have been a glitch in the matrix.

View attachment 276546View attachment 276547

I've been noticing that for a while. OBD11 sucks at pulling up engine codes sometimes. No idea why.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Heading home tonight from a long project here in Ohio. Looking forward to starting up the GTI tonight and taking her for a spin.
I have the Macan calipers to instal after I paint them. I have red G2 caliper paint I bought initially. Thought about powder coating them but no one will do it local. I’m going to take my time with the G2 and maybe even wet sand them after. I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to paint but at least they’re calipers.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Heading home tonight from a long project here in Ohio. Looking forward to starting up the GTI tonight and taking her for a spin.
I have the Macan calipers to instal after I paint them. I have red G2 caliper paint I bought initially. Thought about powder coating them but no one will do it local. I’m going to take my time with the G2 and maybe even wet sand them after. I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to paint but at least they’re calipers.

You could ship them to the shop I’ve been using. He’s very knowledgeable & could recommend the correct coating for the project (powder may not be good for that much heat).

https://www.dynamicpowdercoating.com/

I’m going there after work today to pick up another batch of awesomeness.

F60E7FEF-E795-4EC8-964A-02A4FDFEBA3F.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Changed rotors and 3/4 pads today.

Couldn’t get the rear bracket triple squares off with the tools I had on jacks. Since my car has seen more shock changes than oil changes I quickly pulled the rear shocks, loosened the felt inner fenders, and it was a 🍰 .

Fronts went great until I found this in the previously sealed box:
CB68F851-9BD7-4C01-8BC0-85ABA2EB635D.jpeg

Slapped the old pads on to park the car for a couple of days, and contacted the seller. Hopefully replacement parts show up soon.