GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
WTF. This kinda shit boils my blood, but I guess when the market allows it the bottom drops out on standards
They know it’s shit and gave zero push back when I called and asked for a refund. Infuriating to say the least.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
They know it’s shit and gave zero push back when I called and asked for a refund. Infuriating to say the least.

That’s why I run OEM wheels.

It’s like $2500+ a set to even match their quality & oh boy if you wanna exceed it.

I really wanna pull the trigger on BBS for the wife’s car, but it’s the wife’s car so that has its inherent risks 😂

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Guys. Guys. Seriously, guys. Guys.

The seats are in. I didn't feel like rolling the car out of the garage to open the driver's seat wiiiiiiiiiiide open. So instead I shoehorned it out the passenger's side front. Then once I had the seat out, I realized that with the battery disconnected, I did not have a way to get the second seat out of the hatch, and the rear door wouldn't open enough to allow the whole box to come out. Luckily I was able to twist & pull and get the seat to cooperate, and then just flatten the box to get it out of the car.

I've still got a light because I need to ground the little black box thing under the passenger's seat, but otherwise it's fantastic. I also drove it for the first time since I wanna say thanksgiving? last year, and I forgot how much I love this car. It's fantastic, everything about it is just a hoot. Five washers between the seat and the bracket and eight washers between the bracket and the floor got the seats a bit higher, I'd say maybe ~1" or so. There was some mild panic when one of the triple square bolts that holds the OEM seat to the floor was loose (as opposed to the others where the bolt came straight up), but this wasn't an issue after all, it's a captive nut situation. Once I find a place to ground the box, I should be light free.

I'm also thinking that maybe different seatbelt receivers are in order. These put the lap belt more on the thigh than the pelvis, at least in my case. Oh, and remember when I bitched about the Corbeau brackets slide levers being loose? I'm stupid. There's a hole in the back. The handle doesn't just slide back to what seems like a stopper, it slips OVER those 'stopper' things and they go into the holes on each side of the handle. Corbeau 1, me 0.

PXL_20230322_214331141.jpg

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

The seats are in. I didn't feel like rolling the car out of the garage to open the driver's seat wiiiiiiiiiiide open. So instead I shoehorned it out the passenger's side front. Then once I had the seat out, I realized that with the battery disconnected, I did not have a way to get the second seat out of the hatch, and the rear door wouldn't open enough to allow the whole box to come out. Luckily I was able to twist & pull and get the seat to cooperate, and then just flatten the box to get it out of the car.

I've still got a light because I need to ground the little black box thing under the passenger's seat, but otherwise it's fantastic. I also drove it for the first time since I wanna say thanksgiving? last year, and I forgot how much I love this car. It's fantastic, everything about it is just a hoot. Five washers between the seat and the bracket and eight washers between the bracket and the floor got the seats a bit higher, I'd say maybe ~1" or so. There was some mild panic when one of the triple square bolts that holds the OEM seat to the floor was loose (as opposed to the others where the bolt came straight up), but this wasn't an issue after all, it's a captive nut situation. Once I find a place to ground the box, I should be light free.

I'm also thinking that maybe different seatbelt receivers are in order. These put the lap belt more on the thigh than the pelvis, at least in my case. Oh, and remember when I bitched about the Corbeau brackets slide levers being loose? I'm stupid. There's a hole in the back. The handle doesn't just slide back to what seems like a stopper, it slips OVER those 'stopper' things and they go into the holes on each side of the handle. Corbeau 1, me 0.

View attachment 276381
I love those seats.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I love those seats.
Thanks so much! They were kind of a joke between me and my friends, because there was no way I was gonna have the money to buy them, much less the technical knowhow to make them work. Then I got a new job, and it started to be one of those "haha jk... unless 🥺👉👈" type of things, and then with the go-ahead from my wife (who normally keeps me grounded when I've got dumb ideas) and some assurance from y'all here, I now have a dream come true -- respectable aftermarket seats that match the interior and actually look like they belong.

The whole car is a menagerie of things I wanted when I was younger but could never afford/do, but now I can. I've got my first set of new aftermarket wheels, first set of aftermarket seats, first GTI, and it's just been a blast.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

View attachment 276381
How much were they all in?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thanks so much! They were kind of a joke between me and my friends, because there was no way I was gonna have the money to buy them, much less the technical knowhow to make them work. Then I got a new job, and it started to be one of those "haha jk... unless 🥺👉👈" type of things, and then with the go-ahead from my wife (who normally keeps me grounded when I've got dumb ideas) and some assurance from y'all here, I now have a dream come true -- respectable aftermarket seats that match the interior and actually look like they belong.

The whole car is a menagerie of things I wanted when I was younger but could never afford/do, but now I can. I've got my first set of new aftermarket wheels, first set of aftermarket seats, first GTI, and it's just been a blast.
Rock out with your cock out dude. Super happy for you.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
How much were they all in?
$1425 for the seats and brackets (I bought both from Corbeau), then the supporting cancellers, wiring harness, PODS system/heating pad for the passengers' side were $340 + shipping. So a bit under $1800. I did forgo Corbeau's heating option, but did the lumbar support for both seats. I think base price is under $1000 for the seats.

that hurts to type out, but luckily I have the seats to comfort me.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

View attachment 276381
Super happy for you !! Get 'er done !