GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Cabin fuse box: 1
@bobloblawGTI : 0

Many thanks to @Kushdaiin for walking me through it most of the day, but despite his excellent guidance, it'll be plan B fuse tap for me.

IMG_9920.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That’s #4 on my list right after Knipex, pocket screw drivers w/magnetic tips & Leatherman.

A man who throws away small pieces of 2x4 hasn’t truly seen the magic they provide lol. I just used a 2x4 as a tool on an Airbus the other day.
A man of exquisite taste, unlike @jay745 , who's to good to use a 2 x 4. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Oil and plugs today. Plugs only had 15k on them, but looks like it's running a little lean?
20230319_134614.jpg
20230319_134609.jpg

I get the order mixed every time, so left is drivers side, right is passenger side. While I had it on the rack, I noticed one tire has substantially more wear than the other.
20230319_131343.jpg

Passenger side
20230319_131353.jpg

Drivers side.
I did replace the drivers side tire about 5k miles after the set was installed due to a nail. So ordered one for now to even everything out.
Also, while at my buddy's house he showed off his race car. 383 stroker on ethanol, fiberglass front clip and gutted. Running a 6.70 in the 1/8 at 101mph.
20230319_131320.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A man of exquisite taste, unlike @jay745 , who's to good to use a 2 x 4. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also just bought $1,200 worth of German made bearing pullers lol, it could go either way.

There’s a place in every shop (& hangar) for 2x4 or occasionally a 4x4.

Come to think about it I used a shipping pallet as a table for removal of a 737-800 common nozzle yesterday 😂.

It was too damn cold & windy to play with my phone so no fun pictures of that endeavor.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Deep cleaned the wheels, tires, and calipers. Conditioned the sidewalls with 303.

Pro tip: Wear gloves, even when just cleaning stuff. Adams wheel cleaner did a number on my hands. Cracked all over 😣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
@jay745 probably runs up to people framing a house and yells at them that only n00bs use 2x4's...
I don't get the joke. I have a stack of scrap 2x4 pieces in the garage same as anyone. Suspension jobs aren't a time where they're needed since it's so easy to pull the axle

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I do have a confession to make though.

I honestly agree, you shouldn't be using a 2x4 for a suspension job.

A 2x3 works much better :ROFLMAO: