GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
D1AA06BC-47BB-42E7-A156-8E079A5E74D2.jpeg

Finally got an alignment after installing Eurosport camber mounts and 034 dynamic control arms about 500 miles ago. Ready to hit the track this weekend. still have a lot of room for adjustment upfront if I want.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Decided to give it a nice ONR sponge bath in the garage, even though we're supposed to get 6 - 8 inches of snow tonight.

"Why are you washing your car when it's going to snow tonight" is the same energy as "Why clean my house, it's going to get dirty again", change my mind.

Before, sad :(

View attachment 274374

After, happy :)

View attachment 274375
What’s your preferred ONR dilution rate for the exterior?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What’s your preferred ONR dilution rate for the exterior?

A couple glug glugs from the bottle into about 2gal of warm water 😂

I'm not very specific with it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, you can go too strong and it leaves streaks so I tend to go fairly light. I have the gallon jug and just give it a few glug glugs for four gallons.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, you can go too strong and it leaves streaks so I tend to go fairly light. I have the gallon jug and just give it a few glug glugs for four gallons.

I haven't had that issue. It might be like half a cup of ONR to 2 gallons of water?

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
View attachment 274523
Finally got an alignment after installing Eurosport camber mounts and 034 dynamic control arms about 500 miles ago. Ready to hit the track this weekend. still have a lot of room for adjustment upfront if I want.
get the rear toe set to zero or at least 1/2 of it removed....tell me how it handles....

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Tomorrow is my last day with all my tools before they get loaded up. I hope I get to the downpipe install if not I'll be doing it in my apartment complex parking lot after the move lol.
When a new person arrives in Hawaii it is custom to present them with a gift (usually a stock location intercooler upgrade) to say "Hey, stay cool...." and the receiver in return presents $200 to say "Thanks heres $200...."
Just sayin.....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
How do you like it vs the GTI & how do you like the RS4's

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
How do you like it vs the GTI & how do you like the RS4's
I did a soft break in, not really sure why, but now I'm done with that and have been giving it a proper flogging. I've only replaced the gear knob and have some painted side markers I need to get in there. I'll order a Sigma 6 and kill the cdv soon. Oh, and I did a hood strut, that was a no brainer.

I really like the drive, the DCC is really good, I'm surprised at the difference in comfort and even a few clicks up. Brakes feel good, I'd love to replace the goofy rotors, but true two piece have been slow to show up. Power is good, it's super smooth, no real torque hit and it seems to not let up to redline. It doesn't feel all that fast, but it's stock with a stock intercooler right now. Power transfer is absolutely great, it wags the tail, does a fair amount of throttle on oversteer and feels like once it has a decent rsb, it should be close to neutral once up to speed.

Tires are great, quieter than expected, a noticeable amount of additional grip over the stock GY SuperSports and fit is great. I have a set of Carbon Guards coming, just to try to minimize the abuse to the sides of the car, we'll see how they do.

Interface has actually been great. It rebooted a few times on my first drive, which had me worried, but it hasn't done it since. Wireless CarPlay has been great too. It took me fifteen minutes to figure out how to turn the air on when I first picked it up, but after a few drives, it's pretty intuitive. You can set shortcuts on the swipe down screen too, so I've got stability control up there, which has been nice.

Leather seats are okay, ventilating is nice, but they're wide, much less supportive than the Mk7 seats, especially the lowers. The good news is that they're a little longer, so better thigh support. My biggest gripe is that they killed all of the storage, no more coin drawer, no sunglass holder, the center console isn't really conducive to holding things either and wireless charging isn't really compatible with my iPhone in a case. So at least the door pockets are large and my arm rest actually opens, but it's still weird that they removed all of that stuff.

It's kind of funny to have a new car that's pretty identical to my old car, it's nice for wrenching, no real surprises as nothing mechanical has really moved. My aFe fits, the snow grate is the same, looks like the center console will come out the same for doing the SuperPin, etc.

You're more than welcome to try it out, we can terrorize LCR. I'd like to hit an HPDE before it's stupid hot, but I'll also grab an intercooler soon. Just waiting on Cobb or even the APR at home option (snicker) before sorting out the clutch.