GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Tomorrow is the day I go to the dealer again and hopefully don't get jerked around again. They called me the other day after my last visit and said they finally decided to read the bulletin and my parts are indeed covered.

Who doesn't love a little jerk though?

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
258E1F80-31D2-4836-9D42-6DADC7B6C29F.jpeg

tigeo

Autocross Champion

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Finally took the Cummins project for its first few drives today. Alllllll the turbo noise (videos soon).

Still have a list of little things to do, but this is the first time it’s really been driven in about a year so I’m excited to have it back on the road!

View attachment 271956View attachment 271957View attachment 271958View attachment 271959View attachment 271960View attachment 271961View attachment 271962View attachment 271963
That is fantastic. Nicely done.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I had eurosport camber mounts and the new 034 control arms installed today. I previously had 034 strut mounts and bearings for about 40,000 miles and had been experiencing clunks for quite some time now. My stock control arm bushings were shot aswell (75,000 miles). I haven't gotten an alignment yet but I already drove 200 miles and the car feels way better already and no more noises. Looking forward to seeing how it does on the track.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
ive come to the realization that I am not up for the task of installing my digital dash at the possibility of having a non drivable car so I have decided to put my dash up for sale. shameless plug, check the classifieds if you're local to New Jersey and looking for one.
I’d say follow through with it. I love mine! Had @simaservis1108 do it for me.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I had eurosport camber mounts and the new 034 control arms installed today. I previously had 034 strut mounts and bearings for about 40,000 miles and had been experiencing clunks for quite some time now. My stock control arm bushings were shot aswell (75,000 miles). I haven't gotten an alignment yet but I already drove 200 miles and the car feels way better already and no more noises. Looking forward to seeing how it does on the track.
What were your symptoms of bad control arm bushings?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I dropped my car off at the dealer (again).....so far so good. Plus the weather is going to be decent this weekend, so I see a long drive in the country in my future.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Glove box is now vented and ready to keep my ham sammy, Capri Sun, and Coors Light chilled to perfection. MK7.5s lost this feature vs. MK7. A PITA to install TBH, getting the glove box out/in a position to install without removing the center console is challenging and then getting it back in....big-ass flat blade.

https://youtube.com/shorts/JNgqC6alTww?feature=share

327979720_564350458909738_3321637122702943783_n.jpg
20230202_165911.jpg
20230203_101606.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Glove box is now vented and ready to keep my ham sammy, Capri Sun, and Coors Light chilled to perfection. MK7.5s lost this feature vs. MK7. A PITA to install TBH, getting the glove box out/in a position to install without removing the center console is challenging and then getting it back in....big-ass flat blade.

View attachment 272149View attachment 272150View attachment 272151
Came looking for a photo of the now chilled ham sammy but ya left us hangin'

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 272155View attachment 272156View attachment 272157

Do you feel it's actually worth it, or was it just one of those things of "Why the hell not?". That's always seemed like one of the most pointless features on these cars to me. But maybe I'm just not utilizing my glove box to it's full potential?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Do you feel it's actually worth it, or was it just one of those things of "Why the hell not?". That's always seemed like one of the most pointless features on these cars to me. But maybe I'm just not utilizing my glove box to it's full potential?
I have never used my cooled glove box, if I road trip I just use a small ice chest.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I have never used my cooled glove box, if I road trip I just use a small ice chest.
My mk7 has it and it doesn’t get cold enough to keep drinks very cold. It might slightly lower the rate at which they warm up, but all my papers are in there so i don’t want a cold sweating beverage in there.

I’m really not sure how it’s mean to be used. Maybe if you want to put your chocolate somewhere during a long drive? 😂