GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Considering both windshield wiper blades gave up their life today during an entire day of rain, had to throw on new onyx blades ….yay

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Considering both windshield wiper blades gave up their life today during an entire day of rain, had to throw on new onyx blades ….yay
I bought a set of Trico blades on Rockauto for cheap. Perform great, don't cost an arm and a leg. But dammit if the adapter thing they send you isn't huge and obnoxiously visible from a driving position, where the OEM ones weren't. I'm gonna order another set of OEM ones when these need replaced, the car rarely sees weather anyway but it bothers the heck out of me that I see these huge lego-looking blocks on the wiper arms.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I bought a set of Trico blades on Rockauto for cheap. Perform great, don't cost an arm and a leg. But dammit if the adapter thing they send you isn't huge and obnoxiously visible from a driving position, where the OEM ones weren't. I'm gonna order another set of OEM ones when these need replaced, the car rarely sees weather anyway but it bothers the heck out of me that I see these huge lego-looking blocks on the wiper arms.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
No auto part stores around me carry the 11" rear wiper....had to order from Amazon. I hate to say it.....I'm thinking about deleting because it makes a terrible dragging noise......I never thought I'd say that....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No auto part stores around me carry the 11" rear wiper....had to order from Amazon. I hate to say it.....I'm thinking about deleting because it makes a terrible dragging noise......I never thought I'd say that....

giphy (36).gif

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
guess I'll start looking....ya'll use flush mount ones with sealant or top mount?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
guess I'll start looking....ya'll use flush mount ones with sealant or top mount?

I've done both. I prefer the top mount ones tbh. Had a Kill All Wipers one on my GTI, then moved to a different one, maybe it was the ECS one? Now on my R I did the Kill All Wipers one again. The KAW ones don't sit perfectly flush, which is why I swapped from it. It protrudes ever so slightly, at least both mine did.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've done both. I prefer the top mount ones tbh. Had a Kill All Wipers one on my GTI, then moved to a different one, maybe it was the ECS one? Now on my R I did the Kill All Wipers one again. The KAW ones don't sit perfectly flush, which is why I swapped from it. It protrudes ever so slightly, at least both mine did.
good to know...you go ECS due to being smooth/polished? Looking at Urotuning and but it's under side as well.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Reported.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
good to know...you go ECS due to being smooth/polished? Looking at Urotuning and but it's under side as well.
Pls don't do it, just get your wipers from FCP or something. Can't stand driving in the rain without it

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Not necessarily due to being smooth\polished, but more so that I wanted one of the screw on types without any branding.

If you're not in a hurry, Zhong Zhong has one for $8. I might actually order one...