GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Here is the set up I talked to you about. Same as your new one, but hidden underneath that center harness.
View attachment 269973
I thought about that design path due to possible inductance issues that were being discussed with a few other electrical guys. Following the existing wire path would help in theory.

Ultimately they concluded it most likely isnt causing an issue at the ECU charge circuit to have more inductance and capacitance. Both designs are the shortest path to ground outside the OEM install, which is a bonus though.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Finally picked up a lightly used 24” BMX to play with at our local pump track.

Nice, I have been torn between the Sunday and the Stolen Saint or step up to the Zeke. Also have a few Redline and SE on the list as well, but they will be for cruising, too old to run the tracks now.

Nice! I still have my '95 GT Performer from my childhood. I barely ride it anymore though for fear of hurting myself haha.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
x3. Old filter didn't look too bad, but I think it was still the original factory one so figured it was about time.
x4 & 5, also did mine. Been sitting in the garage for about 3 months. Also went ahead and did the parents car too, I'm positive they've never changed it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nice! I still have my '95 GT Performer from my childhood. I barely ride it anymore though for fear of hurting myself haha.

That’s awesome!

Back in 2000 my first big purchase I ever saved up for as a kid was a GT Vertigo (wanted the Tour, but it out of reach as a nine year old cleaning machined parts & selling 4H animals at the fair lol)

B4D91382-20F9-4193-A488-431E451D2877.jpeg

By the time I was old enough to drive it was so heavily modified it wouldn’t be “worth” anything & around then I swapped all my aftermarket parts to a lighter more modern frame. At some point during the housing crisis the frame got scrapped & last I knew the rest of the setup was at my buddies dads house (might still be there for all I know).

I really wish I’d have kept it, or at least the frame. That’s super rare that you’ve hung onto your original & kept all the stuff we ripped off as kids (chain guard, reflectors, ect).

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Changed rear pads. EBC Yellowstuff with 16K/1 year out and fresh Yellowstuffs in. About 35% pad remaining on old ones but easier to start the year with upcoming track days on new pads to avoid paddock swapping pads. Even wear/no issues with pads that came out. Very few decent performance pad options for the small 272mm solid rears and these work well enough and not too $$$. These go back to FCP for a refund so basically free.
20230110_142617.jpg
20230110_142603.jpg

Attachments

• 20230110_142603.jpg
    20230110_142603.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Changed rear pads. EBC Yellowstuff with 16K/1 year out and fresh Yellowstuffs in. About 35% pad remaining on old ones but easier to start the year with upcoming track days on new pads to avoid paddock swapping pads. Even wear/no issues with pads that came out. Very few decent performance pad options for the small 272mm solid rears and these work well enough and not too $$$. These go back to FCP for a refund so basically free.
View attachment 270015View attachment 270018
Great for the price. Sad you put a shitty pad in. Always with wings would have been better than ebc

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s awesome!

Back in 2000 my first big purchase I ever saved up for as a kid was a GT Vertigo (wanted the Tour, but it out of reach as a nine year old cleaning machined parts & selling 4H animals at the fair lol)

View attachment 270001

By the time I was old enough to drive it was so heavily modified it wouldn’t be “worth” anything & around then I swapped all my aftermarket parts to a lighter more modern frame. At some point during the housing crisis the frame got scrapped & last I knew the rest of the setup was at my buddies dads house (might still be there for all I know).

I really wish I’d have kept it, or at least the frame. That’s super rare that you’ve hung onto your original & kept all the stuff we ripped off as kids (chain guard, reflectors, ect).

I had a Specialized Vegas that was built out. Only pic I have of it, along with a glimpse into my room as a 16 year old. If it still existed today, it could be a museum to early 2000's nu-metal. I don't know how my parents delt with me with how edgy I was...

room3.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the st60 trophy series brakes that I got from the classifieds here all cleaned up, coated with everbright, and painted tonight for the install this weekend…. On the Tiguan, lol. (got lucky and the member was heading to Vegas last weekend for a trip so I got these, a pair of custom dash speaker pods and custom sub box all without having to deal with shipping)

Being raw and anodized they got pretty full from previous wheel cleaner products I’m assuming, the coating is supposed to hold up well so we will see.

These things are quite massive with a cool bridge design but crazy light calipers, even the 380mm calipers are much lighter than you’d expect due to the large hats

*Pre prep and coating
DC63772A-0713-405F-926F-16E382C7A96C.jpeg

D70EC6DF-98FB-4BDD-A4EF-D72B74D3C853.jpeg
FAB21CFB-028E-4EBB-A105-2CE210E3C2D6.jpeg

BCF11EDB-2FBE-4328-959F-3479391E0CA9.jpeg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Great for the price. Sad you put a shitty pad in. Always with wings would have been better than ebc
My direct experience with these in the rear tracking this car has been fine. They are an aggressive street pad and marketed as such and have worked perfectly in the rear for me for several years. They aren't falling apart etc. What pad can you find for the 272s that's better? 900 deg MOT is more than adequate here. Have you personally used them in the rear on track? So my experience is not accurate/matches yours? What pads do you use on your rears when tracking that will also fit my 272s? Maybe if I was on R-comps I'd need to up my rear pad and brake game but not on entry-level 200s and being an intermediate driver. Those pads had 5 track days and 16K street miles on them...looked pretty good to me with ~39% friction material left and no cracks etc.

Last edited:

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R

LOL. I still have my '85 Pro Performer. Mine has been through the ringer though... :)

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I know this is slightly different, but I have a 1990-something GT mountain bike that I've kept since I was a kid. Repainted it, upgraded to a RockShox Judy (LOL the only thing that would fit) and converted it to a 7-speed. Still has V-brakes. I love it. Actually has hybrid tires and a handle bar riser on it right now for street riding.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I thought about that design path due to possible inductance issues that were being discussed with a few other electrical guys. Following the existing wire path would help in theory.

Ultimately they concluded it most likely isnt causing an issue at the ECU charge circuit to have more inductance and capacitance. Both designs are the shortest path to ground outside the OEM install, which is a bonus though.
I definitely don't see an issue with running the grounds for the coils near those wires, especially in such a short run. On a side note, I haven't looked into the OEM ground system for the engine. This is something that usually needs upgrading, so a short wire lead from anywhere on the engine to the block on the firewall could be a decent addition, especially in the sense of keeping it looking OEM+.

I had a few, started with a cheap 1979 Saint Tropez that I broke the frame jumping that I replaced with a 1982 Hutch ProRacer frame and fork. Eventually replaced everything to Hutch, including the stem, which I disliked and traded for a DK around 1985. I had the Hutch till 1990, when I left for Basic Training. My mom decided to move the bikes to the backyard to clean the garage and forgot them there... 2 days later it was gone, along with my sisters BlueMax. I've been trying to get one since the mid 2000's and the price for Hutch's are STUPID! Especially the ProRacer. Hutch Bicycles have a few frames for sale, but they are the Z series, which I find hideous as hell.

I painted the bike in 1986 to look like Mike Mirandas pink bike, but the pink I used was a little darker. During those days the "rave" was pink, lavender, sky blue, etc... bunch of pastel colors. I also added Profile cranks with the Hutch Spider sprocket... I wish I had the funds to put one together.