GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is that intake block off plate worth getting
Sure. Every aftermarket intake with a duct has that side blocked off and the intake side opened as fast as I know.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Finally picked up a lightly used 24” BMX to play with at our local pump track. Anyone got a roof rack recommendation? Already have Rhino rack base bars.

I could just use the Burb, and plan to for now, but my oldest has a 20” GT hidden waiting on his birthday so if we start riding regularly I’ll definitely invest in bike mounts to save gas with the GTI.

Just talked to one of my buddies & I may fabricate some adapters to mount OEM VW bike mount to the Rhino Rack square tubes.
852892B9-DE39-44FF-8547-A4ACB4B8CB47.jpeg
408584F2-1810-488E-B784-48E08A350B1E.jpeg

Dug up a old 2013 picture from my last bmx bike & shitbox Philly beater at the time (actually really clean, but a 300,000 mile 2.slow)
8B054A4E-3BDA-4CAD-B972-4B803487CB3A.png

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
More ham antenna stuff: :ROFLMAO:

The PVC is just a test-pipe to keep my mast hardware snug while the 6-foot mast is removed. I'm picking up the antennas for this addition in Manassas on Tuesday morning. This is a contest setup that will be on the car just 3-4 weeks per year.

BTW, the wood platform has a slight bow to it. If you're a woodworker and know how to correct it, please give me some advice in this thread. Thanks!

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Put on a BMS pedal tuner, as I hate the "get a pizza delivered" wait times of stock throttle response. Plus, I figured, how can a couple of guys on the Internet be wrong?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Put on a BMS pedal tuner, as I hate the "get a pizza delivered" wait times of stock throttle response. Plus, I figured, how can a couple of guys on the Internet be wrong?
It's a big change....love mine. I run mine maxed.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ok...finally got this pesky SAI combi valve code sorted.

My wiring to the SAI combi valve was replaced by a dealer tech about a year ago and I had no codes for a long time. Started getting them a few mos ago every time I drove sometimes having a CEL. Same issue, if I did the output test for the combi valve using OBDEleven it wouldn't always work but if I touched/jostled the wiring harness it would kick on. Finally pulled off the intake and moved the charge pipe out of the way and had a good look. I can see where the tech re-ran the wiring to the connector/combi valve. I think the connector itself was loose. Messing with all of it/pushing on that connector seems to have completely sorted it. Car set readiness on the SAI for the first time since this issue started a few mos. ago.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had my first real hiccup today 128k miles in.

Out & about on date night with the wife, and leaving to pick the kids up it did three long crank / No starts before finally firing up.

No CEL, no stumbles or anything. Wrapped up our 120 mile round trip issue free, and even turned it off just to try to duplicate the fault at my moms when we picked the kids up, no issues.

Normal 30mpg, normal pull to redline in 3rd gear.

My first thought was crank sensor (or by way of worst case scenario crank sensor losing signal due to crank walk) since it seemed to be a ignition issue while it cranked excessively long (could smell raw fuel).

However once I scanned Obd11 the only faults were P219 for cylinders 1, 2, & 3 which makes me suspicious of the fuel pump.

iPhone Obd11 sucks so no data logs, but here’s the screen shots. The captured faults were low rpm lugging around at 40mph on all three cylinders it flagged, so who knows. Pressure at idle looks fine so I’ll log tomorrow if we’re slow at work or after work if not.

It’s been 10 days since I drove it last, so who knows it could just be shitty gas.

View attachment 269595View attachment 269597

View attachment 269598
My Corrado did that on first start of the day, but fine rest of the day.

Fuel pump wasn't holding residual pressure.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@Acadia18

5k plug swap …oem out and Ruth’s in.

Pics of Cyl 3&4….1&4 were clean…. These girls nasty
9C4793F1-FC23-40A7-9C30-7634273CFF3F.jpeg
16647628-45DF-4CE5-B24A-00636109A2F8.jpeg
6ACD09FD-B365-486A-992A-CDBDB0B63E81.jpeg
B57B469E-4B35-4137-945C-2E0086011330.jpeg