GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Installed the Aerofabb V2 Splitter today. I have a BAUN fmic and had to use 6x1.0 x 45mm in place of the 50mm bolts supplied. It just barely clears the fmic with 1 thread showing past the lock nut.
Just barely scrapes coming in/out of my garage.
View attachment 268176

It’s close but if you don’t tighten the hell out of the fasteners, maybe use a little blue locktight on the center 6 bolts ( using 45mm length) you will be ok.
I also opted to not install 2 flat washers as well. Just the first flat washer on the bottom side of the splitter. So- bolt, washer, splitter, spacer, bumper, spacer, brace, nut.
View attachment 268198
If it was me, I would use the second washer that you removed under those nylon-lock-nuts. Also, remove the bolts, attach them to a drill and round up the edge so that it is flush with the edge of the nuts when installed. I rather have a rounded edge hitting the bottom plate of the intercooler and sliding a little bit, than the rough edge of the threads digging into it and pulling the intercooler with it in the case of a hard hit to the splitter.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Literally knocked the dust off the GLI Less Aggressive Catback & built the final weld fixture for it.

Then I added a 17950, because surprisingly being a heavier car & 7 speed DSG it could use one with the OEM DP.

Re installed on the wife’s car & it’s perfectly OEM+. Not one bit of harshness anywhere, even lugging around in 7th gear, but still spicy at WOT.

I didn’t get any good video since I couldn’t talk her into helping hahaView attachment 268185View attachment 268186View attachment 268187View attachment 268188View attachment 268189
That back left tire has a screw in it :(

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
If it was me, I would use the second washer that you removed under those nylon-lock-nuts. Also, remove the bolts, attach them to a drill and round up the edge so that it is flush with the edge of the nuts when installed. I rather have a rounded edge hitting the bottom plate of the intercooler and sliding a little bit, than the rough edge of the threads digging into it and pulling the intercooler with it in the case of a hard hit to the splitter.
Good point. Once the SS hardware arrives I’ll work on rev 2

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Installed Aerofabb Side Skirts.... Love the look and the install was super easy. There's a notch in the OEM skirt and Aerofabb cut a groove right where that notch is making it dead easy to line up.

Also washing it now... this is about the dirtiest it has ever been.

tempImageX7g1Ol.png

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Splitter coming next?
Yep lol. That’ll round out the Aerofabb collection minus the rear spoiler which I have no interest in.

God help me, I have a race car 😂

Last edited:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Lucky! I’ve been waiting almost a month now for a front splitter and spoiler extension. Looks great btw!
Thanks man. Was easy enough to stop by their shop so I was able to get it quickly. Definitely a small operation but his shop is super clean and his products are top notch.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Thanks man. Was easy enough to stop by their shop so I was able to get it quickly. Definitely a small operation but his shop is super clean and his products are top notch.

Yeah I think they bit off more than they can chew offering 25% off at the end of November. Sounds like it will be worth the wait.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed Aerofabb Side Skirts.... Love the look and the install was super easy. There's a notch in the OEM skirt and Aerofabb cut a groove right where that notch is making it dead easy to line up.

Also washing it now... this is about the dirtiest it has ever been.

View attachment 268221
Love it…yeah I’m sold on them

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI