GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Highly recommend my ACT setup, its their next to highest rated clutch and a SMF. Car is my daily. Traffic jams are no fun but its great exercise !
But it's only one leg. Lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Highly recommend my ACT setup, its their next to highest rated clutch and a SMF. Car is my daily. Traffic jams are no fun but its great exercise !

your clutch has a heavy pedal?
I was thinking the same…. The ACT hd pressure plates pedal effort is crazy light!

My clutchmasters fx500, dkm twin, were plenty heavier than what the act felt like and not to mention the stage 5 ringer on the car now which is a real bear, lol.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Rsr Hybrid is plenty fine with is38, it’s the regular rsr that was getting taxed with simple setups of the e888.3 and they revised the listed ratings to lower numbers cause of it.
Whew okay - that’s the clutch I’m gunna go with eventually

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I agree, my GTI now has a great balance of power and handling. Thinking of adding some engine/tranny mounts/dogbone, and RSB. Then maybe going down to a 17 wheel so I can run meatier tires.
I drove an MK6 with 17's. Felt too "floaty", switching to 245/40/18 MPS4S on a 8 1/2" wheel feels way better than the 225/40/18 Pirelli P7. Could be the 1/2" taller tire or the extra width, but the ride is more compliant. I had Yoko V601, and while a slightly softer tire (280 vs 300), the ride was harsh and slippery compared to the PS4S.

I'm debating between the IS38+ and the Vortex standard... for the price of the standard with tuning I could add HPFP, or with a little more add MPI + LPFP to the IS38... but I think I may just go with the IS38+ can't go wrong with turbo and tune for around $1k.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What clutch did VW use in the manual CS and R? It can't be the same as the GTI.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Airbag light came on and off a few times last month, then one day I got a xmas tree on the dash, literally every single thing.. parking brake, ABS, ESC, TC, airbag, adaptive lighting, etc....
It would go away eventually though and sometimes not show up but after a couple of days it was almost constant.
After scanning, there was a code for intermittent rear right speed sensor connection to the ABS module... so hopefully that was culprit or else its the actual ABS module, or possibly the wiring.....
The xmas tree has not come back in 2 days but im still apprehensive to assume its solved though.....

Seems to be kind of common, saw a post on reddit this morning with a guy with the same issue.... same symptoms and everyone commenting how common it is... especially in tropical environments....
Interesting. I would expect xmas trees to be battery related.

Ragdude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
Their coating is good, it will last for a while especially if you take care of it. i.e. no automated car washes and rough handling. Their coating actually bonds into the polycarbonate, same as the Opticoat does. They also offer a limited lifetime warranty, but just for the price of the kit.
Nice. Do you mind linking the kit? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I have no idea how to do that , search cerakote headlight kit on Amazon