GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Airbag light came on and off a few times last month, then one day I got a xmas tree on the dash, literally every single thing.. parking brake, ABS, ESC, TC, airbag, adaptive lighting, etc....
It would go away eventually though and sometimes not show up but after a couple of days it was almost constant.
After scanning, there was a code for intermittent rear right speed sensor connection to the ABS module... so hopefully that was culprit or else its the actual ABS module, or possibly the wiring.....
The xmas tree has not come back in 2 days but im still apprehensive to assume its solved though.....

Seems to be kind of common, saw a post on reddit this morning with a guy with the same issue.... same symptoms and everyone commenting how common it is... especially in tropical environments....

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Replaced the faulty Diverter valve and finally got to enjoy the newly installed EQT is38. Man this car rips now!

What made you realize it was faulty? Just curious

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
What made you realize it was faulty? Just curious
That plastic piston should be seated in the housing. The car felt like a non turbo car above 3k.
898BCF8D-2D7D-4158-B0D2-B428165F415F.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Replaced the faulty Diverter valve and finally got to enjoy the newly installed EQT is38. Man this car rips now!
I was surprised too at the difference between IS20 and IS38, especially in the higher revs. One should not underestimate this upgrade path, its worth it !!.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was surprised too at the difference between IS20 and IS38, especially in the higher revs. One should not underestimate this upgrade path, its worth it !!.
I've driven a buddy's IS38 GTI and it's about perfect. F VWoA for not giving us the CS.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I've driven a buddy's IS38 GTI and it's about perfect. F VWoA for not giving us the CS.
I agree, my GTI now has a great balance of power and handling. Thinking of adding some engine/tranny mounts/dogbone, and RSB. Then maybe going down to a 17 wheel so I can run meatier tires.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The torque difference is what I notice the most. Actually puts me back in my seat now. I also like how it takes the car out under 3k for city driving.
The RSR Hybrid clutch handles at least the first few pulls.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
The torque difference is what I notice the most. Actually puts me back in my seat now. I also like how it takes the car out under 3k for city driving.

The RSR doesn’t handle more than a few pulls?? 🙁

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The RSR doesn’t handle more than a few pulls?? 🙁
Rsr Hybrid is plenty fine with is38, it’s the regular rsr that was getting taxed with simple setups of the e888.3 and they revised the listed ratings to lower numbers cause of it.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Reactions from friends and family are fun.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Highly recommend my ACT setup, its their next to highest rated clutch and a SMF. Car is my daily. Traffic jams are no fun but its great exercise !