GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
CSB. Back in the 90's, I paid $300 month for insurance on my 92 GTI, which I paid $258 a month for.

I had a bad driving record.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
That's a great looking car!

How challenging was it to install the rears?

Not nearly as annoying as the fronts but still enough. I ended up making a small hole in the fender liner for the screws to ā€œsit flushā€ for now..

i have yet to go back and make a permanent fix which would be to find a spare nut that will fit the screw and screw it on with a washer through the liner. Just my OCD- donā€™t listen. šŸ˜‚

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have rally armors as well. They definitely help keeping the sides cleaner and the rear. This is the rear of mine.

I am lowered now though - forgot how big the gap was on the tires lmao šŸ¤£

That's a great looking car!

How challenging was it to install the rears?
Love my black RA flaps....really does help and when you go over a speed bump or up a driveway, the nice dragging sound is a great reminder you're lowered lol. Rears were easier to install than fronts for me

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Love my black RA flaps....really does help and when you go over a speed bump or up a driveway, the nice dragging sound is a great reminder you're lowered lol. Rears were easier to install than fronts for me

The dragging sound is terrible! Driving down the highway on certain bumps i can hear it and it sounds like metal on metal for a brief second.

When Iā€™m in the car the flaps sit only 1ā€“3 inches off the ground

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The dragging sound is terrible! Driving down the highway on certain bumps i can hear it and it sounds like metal on metal for a brief second.

When Iā€™m in the car the flaps sit only 1ā€“3 inches off the ground
definitely worth in in keeping crap from flying up for me

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
definitely worth in in keeping crap from flying up for me

Oh absolutely- specifically having a darker colored car- totally worth it

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I think that makes sense. So you had to break up the headlight power cable into two where it come together for the fuse joint?
And where did you connect the end terminals that the manual says to connect to the positive battery terminal?
The fuse block inside off the engine bay fuse box offers battery+ for free ;-)

Please check the pdf and let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• 20221206_Adding_fuse_engine_fuse_box_Golf_MK7-komprimiert.pdf
    214.5 KB · Views: 51

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
This is great info!
I was actually thinking about a B12 kit (Eibach linear + B8) on my 7.5 GTI 6MT PP but have the same concern; a steep parking garage that I use fairly regularly. You mention that the rear is 8-9mm higher but I was curious about how much the R springs raised the front. How does the car sit, overall, compared to stock?
Measurements: Center of Wheel to Fender
Eibach R-kit linear on '17 GTI SE (Sunroof+DSG)
Front 345mm
Rear 352mm
Factory heights:
Front 368mm
Rear 368mm

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
had the reminder that snow tires have less grip than my Contis.....Running late and I thought the first sharp corner felt a bit off. The 2nd one was a loud reminder to slow down

Last edited:

MrTSI

Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Measurements: Center of Wheel to Fender
Eibach R-kit linear on '17 GTI SE (Sunroof+DSG)
Front 345mm
Rear 352mm
Factory heights:
Front 368mm
Rear 368mm
Thanks for the follow up.
My car is 6MT and no sunroof, so it would probably sit slightly higher in the front than your car. This is looking like a pretty viable option for stiffer springs but with a slightly milder drop.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Drove the piss out of it. Wait, do that every single day.

Actually though achieved new top speed so far for this carā€¦.151mph Golf S 1.8.. Uni Stage 2 IS20. Thereā€™s for sure 165-170 in it but I donā€™t think my testicles can handle it. Past 150 the numbers start climbing a bit too slowly for my liking.
4th is good for 170

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The fuse block inside off the engine bay fuse box offers battery+ for free ;-)

Please check the pdf and let me know if you need more info.
Thanks for the instructions.
Here what my fusebox looks like (image below). I don't have that fuse bridge. If i buy one, can i pass power to it? If not, can i use the existing bridge on the right and use two slots above the green 30 fuse?

Also, do you know the coding for regulating turn signal brightness?