GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Changed the pads and rotors on all four and regreased the caliper pins.

Both rear caliper pins that had the rubber seals I needed to slide hammer them out because the rubber expanded and seized the pins. I trimmed away the rubber a bit so that the pins could slide easily.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
Adjusted my shifter cables today, as I should've after installing new bushings and a new side to side level.
For some reason I was really stressed about this job, but it was fairly easily. No more missing 3rd or struggling to get into reverse lol

I did accidentally rip the inner dust cover thing, that thing is so fragile.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
stocks went on till next year….

CD3B10C2-E712-4974-94DB-CA15BE1C4DE4.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
@GTI Jake, confirming that Aerofabb's front splitter is incompatible with your FMIC due to charge pipe location?

I'm not Jake but I run his FMIC and an Aerofabb splitter.

You have to flip the 6 (or 10?) bolts in the middle that hold the splitter and the brace to the bumper around so that they stick out the bottom of the car (versus up into the bumper) so that there is room for both the splitter and the intercooler core itself (didn't have an issue with the intercooler piping). I'm lowered so you can't see the ~1/2" of hardware hanging out the bottom but they do occasionally grind across pavement until they're worn down fully haha.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Aerofabb has a 25% off sale going on right now and I'm eying their side skirts... Anyone have them and can provide feedback? I know Aerofabb makes good stuff and these look fairly straight forward.
https://www.aerofabb.com/collection...itters/products/side-spitters-vw-mk7-mk75-gti

@GTI Jake, confirming that Aerofabb's front splitter is incompatible with your FMIC due to charge pipe location?
I’ve been looking at the side skirts, but man, they don’t look like they stick out much at all

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve been looking at the side skirts, but man, they don’t look like they stick out much at all
Agreed, there are other more pronounced options. These fall in line with Aerofabb’s motif.

DB2E26C9-9938-42F4-8C01-82BA5F655F0A.png

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
D01F5B51-8952-4606-B7DD-41BB6389AB22.jpeg

Installed new Brisk ER12 plugs and BL PCV from ShopDAP, more as preventive maintenance. Plugs 3/4 had some oil at the top. Hoping the revised BL version fixes that. Also found it on UroTuning for half the price? Same PN...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
View attachment 264969
Installed new Brisk ER12 plugs and BL PCV from ShopDAP, more as preventive maintenance. Plugs 3/4 had some oil at the top. Hoping the revised BL version fixes that. Also found it on UroTuning for half the price? Same PN...

That Vaico one from UroTuning isn't the "OEM" one. You can get it even cheaper on FCP. I have it currently on my car, and was even cheaper when I bought it, $39.69.