GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
My uncle used to refer to cars with a sliding scale. It also has other uses.

I'd see what I thought was a nice classic car and I'd ask him what he thought of it and he say it was 20/20. The mk8 is what I call 40/40.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Before I got my MK7.5 I was really trying to get into the MK8 but no matter what, it was so ugly I couldn't do it. Even though the prices were similar.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I run stage 2 EQT ECU tune with Unitronic DSG tune. Should i switch to EQT DSG tune? I drive in manual mode 100% of the time and have no intention of ever using D or S.
That sounds exhausting. Having said that I run their stage 3 dsg tune and I love it. It shifts mostly the way I would if I were driving it manually. Drive can be maybe a tad early to upshift if you’re being light on the throttle and I wish it wouldn’t upshift on decel but it’s way better than the stock tune.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Use weed wacker wire to get it through the rubber boots. Don't remove the boots, a lot of people have leaks because they broke the clips there.

That's what I used as well.

20180126_162216.jpg 20180126_162220.jpg 20180126_162805.jpg

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Installed a BFI GS2 perforated leather heavy knob from donor car. Haven't driven it yet but sitting in the garage it feels nice.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That sounds exhausting. Having said that I run their stage 3 dsg tune and I love it. It shifts mostly the way I would if I were driving it manually. Drive can be maybe a tad early to upshift if you’re being light on the throttle and I wish it wouldn’t upshift on decel but it’s way better than the stock tune.
Stage 3 dsg is for big turbos?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
IMG_20221101_230224.jpg

Arriving at work for another grave yard shift. ⚒️💀⚰️

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
View attachment 264471

Arriving at work for another grave yard shift. ⚒️💀⚰️
Have you thought about the Weather Tech windshield sun shade? I got one and it's almost a perfect fit, flush against the windshield and into the corners. Only annoyance is that it's thick and bulky as hell so it doesn't fold up, you have to roll it up and then you have a stiff like 3 foot roll of material you have to store somewhere.