GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Installed a euro headlight switch, now I have no more excuses to finish my euro tail light swap, and really just need to get off my ass and run the harness already lol. Besides, the tail lights being at constant brake light brightness is getting annoying.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Installed a euro headlight switch, now I have no more excuses to finish my euro tail light swap, and really just need to get off my ass and run the harness already lol. Besides, the tail lights being at constant brake light brightness is getting annoying.
Use weed wacker wire to get it through the rubber boots. Don't remove the boots, a lot of people have leaks because they broke the clips there.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Use weed wacker wire to get it through the rubber boots. Don't remove the boots, a lot of people have leaks because they broke the clips there.
Thanks, was actually planning on getting some after work today.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Thanks, was actually planning on getting some after work today.
Took a fair bit of patience lol, I left it in the boots in case i ever need it again.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Took a fair bit of patience lol, I left it in the boots in case i ever need it again.
I have minimal patience lol, but I need to get this done. Mine is the version with the yellow wire, and the kit has some harness plugs as well? I got Zero's instructions for that setup but some of the stuff in my kit doesnt seem to match up with the instructions. Guess I will find out.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Looking to do my Euro 7.5 tails this week hopefully, ordered the harness from DAP. Also I got a cool glow in the dark Klein fish tape which looks to be more round/not as flat as the one in the DAP videos, hopefully it'll be easy to fish.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Someone at the office got a mk8 GTI so now I'm not the only person with a GTI and theirs is newer 😤

If you're on this site: Y u do me like that?? Also, can I take a ride?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Someone at the office got a mk8 GTI so now I'm not the only person with a GTI and theirs is newer 😤

If you're on this site: Y u do me like that?? Also, can I take a ride?

Maybe you intrigued this person and they enjoyed your car so much they couldn’t find a used one at a reasonable price- this is why i bought My new a new Tiguan versus used- same damn cost 💲

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Looking to do my Euro 7.5 tails this week hopefully, ordered the harness from DAP. Also I got a cool glow in the dark Klein fish tape which looks to be more round/not as flat as the one in the DAP videos, hopefully it'll be easy to fish.
Curious why folks with 7.5s end up going with the Euros since ours are already LED. Is it just the sweeping signal indicator? (I ask this as someone who has never stopped contemplating it despite already swapping in ROW 7.5 outer tails lol)

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Maybe you intrigued this person and they enjoyed your car so much they couldn’t find a used one at a reasonable price- this is why i bought My new a new Tiguan versus used- same damn cost 💲
Yes yes this is it. They bought their red GTI after seeing my red GTI and now they're like dang it's still not as awesome as that other guy's.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Curious why folks with 7.5s end up going with the Euros since ours are already LED. Is it just the sweeping signal indicator? (I ask this as someone who has never stopped contemplating it despite already swapping in ROW 7.5 outer tails lol)
They look better to some, and yes, the sweeping turn signals. My opinion they are the bees knees lol and can't wait for my swap to be complete.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
For me, I was about to order those outer tails that you mentioned, and and odbeleven, when my buddy told me he totaled his MK7 with 7.5 Euro LED tails (and also had an obdeleven he could give me), so I gladly accepted. If he didn't, I would have done the outers like you. Honestly, I Euro LED brake lights look a little weird to me in videos, hopefully they look better in person. I do like the tail lamps and the amber turn signals though. Since I can do the coding might as well get the harness and do full dynamic sweep.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI

I just did the swap and had the row outer tails that I will now probably sell. I love them so far. I figured I’ll sell the row tails to recoup some of the money spent.