GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
True, but just an example. Same idea for brake pads or air filters. With the new policy you would have to buy twice instead of once, as I understand it.
I understood that at time of purchase.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I understood that at time of purchase.
The FCP warranty policy is changing though. You used to buy twice but you were refunded/credited when the first item’s warranty processed. Now you will just get a store credit on your account so you are truly buying twice. Still a good deal IMO.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Wow, so it’s 100% intended to be paid forward to keep you coming back and carrying a balance at ALL times? That’s better than nothing, but highkey a kinda shitty bait-and-switch by comparison to the old policy.
You don't have to carry a balance. You can buy stuff with the store credit. And there's no bait and switch because purchases made before 11/1 can still be refunded to cash, you just have to email them.

There's just a new policy. If they retroactively applied the new policy to old purchases (meaning store credit only) then I could see calling this a bait and switch. But even their new policy offers something (lifetime warranty) most places don't offer.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
You don't have to carry a balance. You can buy stuff with the store credit. And there's no bait and switch because purchases made before 11/1 can still be refunded to cash, you just have to email them.

There's just a new policy. If they retroactively applied the new policy to old purchases (meaning store credit only) then I could see calling this a bait and switch. But even their new policy offers something (lifetime warranty) most places don't offer.
I said by “comparison” - I know it’s not a bait-and-switch technically speaking because previously purchased items are grandfathered. I was simply trying to convey that’s it’s a significant shift from what was a too-good-to-be-true customer-friendly policy, to one that’s still good compared to competitors but that to previously accustomed FCP customers could seem like a rug-pull.

When you’re used to privilege, equality seems like oppression - so here we are complaining about store credit… someone grab the tiny fiddle 😭🎻

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
My guess is this change is intended to stop/change the people who perennially get free replacements on consumables without buying anything else. Maybe?

Example:
1. Buy oil
2. Buy new oil
3. Return old oil, get store credit
4. Buy new oil with store credit
5. Return old oil, get store credit
6. Repeat 4 & 5

You’ll have to buy twice instead of once I guess?

Are Spark Plugs for free replacement?
What about brake pads?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
…,Can you send me the link where you pulled that quote from?

It’s buried in the original link you provided…

725D3F95-C5FB-44E2-981C-A3485FD63421.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Doesn’t seem like that big of a change, and sounds entirely reasonable 🤷‍♂️
  • All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
Edit: Turns out this is a massive change to how most people use the FCP warranty. It is the end of an era, indeed.
I was going to replace a set of stoptech rotors i bought from them with a same new set. Not anymore.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I was going to replace a set of stoptech rotors i bought from them with a same new set. Not anymore.
The original warranty is still valid for older orders. Even if it wasn’t, getting store credit’s worth for your rotors after buying a new set is still a really damn good deal. You can use that credit on the next set, or on something different…

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I said by “comparison” - I know it’s not a bait-and-switch technically speaking because previously purchased items are grandfathered. I was simply trying to convey that’s it’s a significant shift from what was a too-good-to-be-true customer-friendly policy, to one that’s still good compared to competitors but that to previously accustomed FCP customers could seem like a rug-pull.

When you’re used to privilege, equality seems like oppression - so here we are complaining about store credit… someone grab the tiny fiddle 😭🎻
They were still profitable with the old scheme, so there's no privikege to speak of. Now they want to make even more money.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Rear sway bar upgrade, yea, I know, ECS...lol...seemed to go in just fine, got a deal, and im liking less body roll. Also, my exhaust is starting to look a little...aged, 😅 another reason to upgrade soon.

I actually really like the ECS sway bar mounts. I've had a set on my car for almost four years and they've held up well. The ability to grease the bushings without uninstalling anything is great (doubly great if you have the grease-able Moog end links sitting a few inches away).

On a less exciting note, I did an oil/filter change with M1 0w-40 and zip-tied the hood latch cable junction under the hood.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Fastivus 2022 was a blast! The Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point was nothing like I expected. Unfortunately my shift tower failed and wiped out R-1-2-3 so I'm currently babying the car home with just 4-5. May have to 6 speed swap the car while I continue to save for a sequential.
I'm going to need you to elaborate on this shift tower failure... So what happened now?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Picked it up yesterday after having the Sachs SRE clutch installed and rear main seal replaced. Trying to break it in now.

Today I swapped out my cloth floor mats for my all season mats and adjusted the clutch pedal stop.