2024 GTI DSG
Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Doesn’t seem like that big of a change, and sounds entirely reasonable 🤷‍♂️
  • All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased

I’m not digging at them at all.

For someone like me, who only plans to use the warranty for big ticket items like my is38 & B14 its a massive change.

If I warranty them out now I’ll have $2,500+ in store credit on a car that doesn’t need anything else they sell (basically everything they offer is already on the car).

Keep in mind I’ve never once used the warranty and have spent 5k+ with them. I don’t care what they do, it was wild they offered the program in the first place, but it basically defeats the purpose for anyone like me.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

For someone like me, who only plans to use the warranty for big ticket items like my is38 & B14 its a massive change.

If I warranty them out now I’ll have $2,500+ in store credit on a car that doesn’t need anything else they sell (basically everything they offer is already on the car).
Agreed, it’s less attractive now for big ticket items. For consumables, it’s not that big of a change.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Doesn’t seem like that big of a change, and sounds entirely reasonable 🤷‍♂️
  • All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
Is the change to credit because they can no longer guarantee those exact parts will be in stock?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

Keep in mind I’ve never once used the warranty and have spent 5k+ with them. I don’t care what they do, it was wild they offered the program in the first place, but it basically defeats the purpose for anyone like me.
Help me understand this. If you’re warrantying out those big items then aren’t you replacing them with the store credit?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Help me understand this. If you’re warrantying out those big items then aren’t you replacing them with the store credit?

Example:

-I buy a new is38 & B14 again for $2,600 or so today with cash (mind you I’ve already done this once already a few years ago).

-Then I send back the old is38 & B14 worn out from my car.

-They approve them as warranty and post what I paid for the original is38 & B14 back into a account as store credit to buy $2,500ish worth of products from them in the future…

But here’s the twist, I already own DS2500 pads, SuperPro LCA, is38, B14, H&R RSB, and everything that pivots, nut/bolt, filter, fluid, PCV, spark plugs ect with that same warranty…so what do I spend $2,500 of store credit on? Lol

So in reality it’s now become buy 2 get 1 free because I’ll need to wear out a second turbo and set of coilovers to have something to spend that store credit on.