GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Called the body shop today. Crash bar is still on national backorder. No eta. Car has been at the shop since the first week of September. They are now looking at used and aftermarket options due to no new oem being available. I might get this car back eventually.......

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

TooMuchFun

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Installed Sachs Performance clutch and removed the flow restrictor from the bleeder block and the dampening spring from the clutch pedal.

Wow.

It feels like a real clutch now. I can feel exactly where the engagement point is, and no more slipping. Already had a better linkage and short shift kit in there, so now the gearbox and clutch feel AWESOME! Woo Hoo!

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Note*highly edited photo - finally all back together, wheels on, full size spare back in the trunk- only thing clean in this photo is the wheels which you can barely see the red flake. Gunna really detail her Tomorrow or Sunday and put her back in the garage.
D8E0E4FD-569A-4150-91B3-86DBB3DAA864.jpeg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Note*highly edited photo - finally all back together, wheels on, full size spare back in the trunk- only thing clean in this photo is the wheels which you can barely see the red flake. Gunna really detail her Tomorrow or Sunday and put her back in the garage.
View attachment 263542
Why “put her back in the garage?”

The car clearly lives a daily life, given the paint swirl, it’s not like it’s a garage queen and with OEM wheels…

Looks good nonetheless I guess.

Just curious, haven’t seen a build thread to understand the whole put back together post, but I haven’t looked either.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
@krs i don’t drive it normally during the week. Living in FL the sun beats down on the car all day and I’m still trying to protect the paint. I bought it used last year and I’m trying to get her back to “my standard” of how i want It to look.. in the winter months ahead my goal is to compound, polish, wax panel by panel since the previous owner didn’t really maintain the vehicle correctly. I have a lot of swirl marks and imperfections to try and remove. And you are correct in regards she’s not a complete garage queen. After investing into powder coating and getting the wheels all rebalanced and put back on i would like to show her a little respect. lol .. and you’re correct again, no build thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️ thanks for the kind words in saying she looks good none the less. Just want her to stay looking good.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Installed the APR suspension module. Took the car on a quick drive to get a first impression. I’ll need more time to test it out but so far I’m very impressed. The car feels more planted without being more harsh. All 3 modes still work perfectly. I put it in comfort and it was just as smooth as before but less floaty if that makes sense. A quick turn into a corner the the suspension reacts super fast while in comfort even. I’m impressed!

E6F47273-026B-4DE9-99F1-D97F84557247.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Took the day off to enjoy the beautiful weather and take care of a few things on the GTI:
  1. Some basic brake maintenance. Removed all the pads and calipers, cleaned the slide pins and holes, re-greased the pins, replaced the pin boots, cleaned up the calipers and pads, re-greased the pad backs and clips. Everything is smooth as silk. Pads and rotors look to be wearing fine.

2. Replaced my diverter valve. I had a feeling this had been a rising issue for a while. It was starting to make a louder honk/squeak when releasing pressure, and lately I was getting fairly inconsistent spool times. Sometimes the car would get that normal "rubberband" feeling you get when the IS20 spools up, and other times the spool would feel slower or choppy. I wasn't getting any codes, but I could see a difference in the shape of the boost curve when logging that backed up what I was feeling. The OEM DV replacement was inexpensive, so worth a shot, even if just for preventative maintenance. Old one was definitely sticking a bit and didn’t have smooth operation. New one is great! What a difference! Feels so much more consistent now under full and partial throttle.

3. Good oppo to inspect inlet side of the turbo. Looks super super clean. No shaft play. Inside was spotless and the screw for the inlet tube was not all the way tight. Wondering if the turbo was replaced at some point earlier in its life…👀

4. Put some threadlock on my catch can mount. It has a tendency to work itself loose over time and start rattling.
I’m literally about to do the same thing and replace my DV…same symptoms

SchattenSchwein

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
New pcv valve, cleaned up the motor some, rs7 plugs and apr housings. Idle has improved.

Awe touring exhaust had to use adapters and the stock midpipe clamp to make it match up to the unitronic downpipe. Perhaps worth a diy thread. Very happy with the sound and look.

Few months ago installed a cts crank pulley. It is great as well, i think i have seen mixed reviews on this mod.

DE08770E-85EB-4494-8190-4EFD377FE2FD.jpeg
7934F98B-1E23-44A0-A4BA-4128B332C5ED.jpeg
A598DC4B-7EF1-4422-B14E-A0CA25CE52C6.jpeg
DDE26FCA-F4AD-4899-8CAB-44331CBFD1E0.jpeg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
@krs i don’t drive it normally during the week. Living in FL the sun beats down on the car all day and I’m still trying to protect the paint. I bought it used last year and I’m trying to get her back to “my standard” of how i want It to look.. in the winter months ahead my goal is to compound, polish, wax panel by panel since the previous owner didn’t really maintain the vehicle correctly. I have a lot of swirl marks and imperfections to try and remove. And you are correct in regards she’s not a complete garage queen. After investing into powder coating and getting the wheels all rebalanced and put back on i would like to show her a little respect. lol .. and you’re correct again, no build thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️ thanks for the kind words in saying she looks good none the less. Just want her to stay looking good.
Correcting poor prior ownership on any vehicle is always a process that takes time.

I have a 63’ Bug that had dozens of prior owners, talk about uphill battle to correct hack job BS.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI