GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
nah, just put buttholes on em. Got mine on ebay for like $10

that's like just blackening the VW giant butthole on the rear hatch.....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

I almost pulled the trigger on two sets of those (one for my car, one for the wife’s GLI) but according to the list of cars they fit they’re not 66mm.

Earlier today I popped a OEM cap out of the OEM GLI wheels just to try, and while the OD of the caps itself is 66mm the clips on the inside are 57mm as I’d assume these are as well

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Towed to Tyrolsport for Sachs SRE install. Debating a flash too or to hold off for now.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
i got The message last night at 7:30 pm.. wheels are ready for pick up- final two will go on today
E93DF5E5-4A0D-4522-9CB7-6A10EF46E37C.jpeg

15888A64-24FC-470A-B93C-F34EC66B2051.jpeg

@GTI Jake - regarding center caps - maybe find something like mine but have the GTI in white or bronze

5448F04F-B494-4B59-A4AE-8998C854085E.jpeg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Took the day off to enjoy the beautiful weather and take care of a few things on the GTI:
  1. Some basic brake maintenance. Removed all the pads and calipers, cleaned the slide pins and holes, re-greased the pins, replaced the pin boots, cleaned up the calipers and pads, re-greased the pad backs and clips. Everything is smooth as silk. Pads and rotors look to be wearing fine.

2. Replaced my diverter valve. I had a feeling this had been a rising issue for a while. It was starting to make a louder honk/squeak when releasing pressure, and lately I was getting fairly inconsistent spool times. Sometimes the car would get that normal "rubberband" feeling you get when the IS20 spools up, and other times the spool would feel slower or choppy. I wasn't getting any codes, but I could see a difference in the shape of the boost curve when logging that backed up what I was feeling. The OEM DV replacement was inexpensive, so worth a shot, even if just for preventative maintenance. Old one was definitely sticking a bit and didn’t have smooth operation. New one is great! What a difference! Feels so much more consistent now under full and partial throttle.

3. Good oppo to inspect inlet side of the turbo. Looks super super clean. No shaft play. Inside was spotless and the screw for the inlet tube was not all the way tight. Wondering if the turbo was replaced at some point earlier in its life…👀

4. Put some threadlock on my catch can mount. It has a tendency to work itself loose over time and start rattling.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Took the day off to enjoy the beautiful weather and take care of a few things on the GTI:
  1. Some basic brake maintenance. Removed all the pads and calipers, cleaned the slide pins and holes, re-greased the pins, replaced the pin boots, cleaned up the calipers and pads, re-greased the pad backs and clips. Everything is smooth as silk. Pads and rotors look to be wearing fine.
  2. Replaced my diverter valve. I had a feeling this had been a rising issue for a while. It was starting to make a louder honk/squeak when releasing pressure, and lately I was getting fairly inconsistent spool times. Sometimes the car would get that normal "rubberband" feeling you get when the IS20 spools up, and other times the spool would feel slower or choppy. I wasn't getting any codes, but I could see a difference in the shape of the boost curve when logging that backed up what I was feeling. The OEM DV replacement was inexpensive, so worth a shot, even if just for preventative maintenance. Old one was definitely sticking a bit and didn’t have smooth operation. New one is great! What a difference! Feels so much more consistent now under full and partial throttle.
  3. Good oppo to inspect inlet side of the turbo. Looks super super clean. No shaft play. Inside was spotless and the screw for the inlet tube was not all the way tight. Wondering if the turbo was replaced at some point earlier in its life…👀
  4. Put some threadlock on my catch can mount. It has a tendency to work itself loose over time and start rattling.
Did you just buy the latest revision of the DV from a VW dealer?