GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I did the "adjustment" with the pins, at the shifter. But I was too lazy to mess with the cable ends at the transmission. Very notchy (in a good way, to me) but I should probably do an actual adjustment at the transmission.
Yeah, from messing with mine over the time I found the best way is really just to treat the pin/screws as lock outs really.

The turnbuckle one can adjust the side to side throw preference though.

With the side to side adjustment using the end links you really just disconnect the tension or Allen bolts on the endlink will the shifter is in neutral or 3 or 4 gear, then tighten that up and your side to side is now perfectly aligned and you just have to set the pins for the locking the distance needed to get into 1/2 and 5/6 gates(I think just 5 in your case)

Front to back is really just for user preference of the location that you like the shifter at for neutral.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@El_bigote_AJ That makes sense with the pins. Lockout for reverse of course and then limits for side-side movement of the shift knob.

Are you saying that you no longer need to use the lock pin at the transmission? I recall with factory everything you would pin the shifter "home" and lock out the transmission but I don't remember if those were really neutral or just reference points.

TDI is the Frankenstein Mk7 Golf... 6 speed manual, or DSG (no Aisin automatic).

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@El_bigote_AJ That makes sense with the pins. Lockout for reverse of course and then limits for side-side movement of the shift knob.

Are you saying that you no longer need to use the lock pin at the transmission? I recall with factory everything you would pin the shifter "home" and lock out the transmission but I don't remember if those were really neutral or just reference points.

TDI is the Frankenstein Mk7 Golf... 6 speed manual, or DSG (no Aisin automatic).
Yeah, don’t bother with factory lock out pin anymore, since the CW now has a mechanical resting place of neutral you cannot get it to mimic that factory location of down and left in the car cause it’s spring will fight it back to first.

You literally can just put the car in neutral, loosen both endlinks and let it move on it’s own on the rods and then retighten the links, then just check that from neutral it bumps into 3rd and forth with ease on not needing any left to right movements of the shifter arm. If that’s good, then you’re done at the transmission side.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
My buddy Ricky and I actually bought 8 instead of 4 on accident.

So if you’re willing to come to Charlotte his 4 (cost a little more than the four I bought) are up for grabs.
PM'd

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Welp… fell victim to the 20” wheels with the slim 245/35s on the passat. Been on the car less than a month and hit some Shitty gas station fill plate that had the asphalt all fucked up around it… was literally only going like 8mph but boy was it a hard hit.

Tires punctured and bubbled, hopefully the wheels alright like it looks

6787F701-BA51-4C34-A3B3-980A4CEFF127.jpeg
10909759-5768-4D14-8E9E-FE954EB6DB50.jpeg

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Added these. First harness was a pain and I fought with the very first de-pin cuz I couldnt figure out why the tab wasnt releasing. Once I had it figured out, the other side took like 10 minutes.

View attachment 263089
I had these as well but I eventually removed them as they dented the led/trim piece underneath and eventually could've caused further damage, I notice the marks already forming on your trim. Mine also made a squeak from scraping against it every time I would open/close the door. Another issue with them is since there was resistance against the door card because it's basically sitting on the trim, it would cause rattles and squeaks from all over the door when driving on the highway, drove me insane.

Such huge issues from such a small item. I even sanded down the bottom to scrape off as much material as I could and it still would make contact. I also drilled a hole through the projection hole and it made it much less blurry. If there was another version where the bottom was flat, I would buy again. I have since went with some OEM lights.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Welp… fell victim to the 20” wheels with the slim 245/35s on the passat. Been on the car less than a month and hit some Shitty gas station fill plate that had the asphalt all fucked up around it… was literally only going like 8mph but boy was it a hard hit.

View attachment 263260View attachment 263261
Dang AJ......at that low of mph impact too.......I'm rethinking my next tire size now lol. Discounttire warranty?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 263260View attachment 263261
That sucks, did you get a road hazard warranty on them?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
another in my series of nothing really:

Put the ice/snow brush in it. One of those Iam glad I stumbled across them yesterday because I hadn't remembered where I put them.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Removed my MST air box last night. It has been rattling more than usual so I reinstalled the stock airbox w/ AFE dry filter (sans snowguard of course), but left the MST inlet and hose. Until I figure out a better way to stabilize the MST airbox or get something else that has better support, this is how I'm rolling for a bit.

PXL_20221018_160805466.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Removed my MST air box last night. It has been rattling more than usual so I reinstalled the stock airbox w/ AFE dry filter (sans snowguard of course), but left the MST inlet and hose. Until I figure out a better way to stabilize the MST airbox or get something else that has better support, this is how I'm rolling for a bit.

View attachment 263284
I have the Cobb full intake system and it sits well in there. I am contemplating getting the new CF version and my old (current) one will be up for sale.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Switched colors since they had these freshly coated for me to see in person (not my wheels).

I like the color so figured I’d go with it and not risk possibly not liking Triple Bronze or Super Rootbeer (they didn’t have samples of them).

First thing this morning they called and said one wheel was bent 0.035” runout so I approved having it straightened while they’re at it.
FB6CCB1E-6AA1-438C-84D3-19B85E6A1033.jpeg
16FE717D-0320-48B6-9F67-F1DF4C392E47.jpeg