GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Captured video of my weird whine…

It’s quite loud when you’re next to things. Most obvious right at the beginning and in the second half of the video.

I’m thinking a belt pulley bearing or DSG bearing 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe I picked up a jet engine?
that's definitely an S/C whine....no idea what is causing it.....weird

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
my what comment?

Also, mine has been whining for years. Send it.

You can hear it come in around 7s. Sounds like when you're landing on the aircraft carrier on Top Gun (fuck that game).

https://flic.kr/p/LDCx9W
Yokohama Advan Apex V601s

Yeah, I'm sure those are real quiet, lol
I never managed to land once on the aircraft carrier when I was a kid....fuck the Top Gun game indeed

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
@Diggs24
Here are my Plugs. Ever since @Daks gave me the Cylinder 3 misfire Virus.

IMG_20221006_143739.jpg

IMG_20221006_143607.jpg

IMG_20221006_143906.jpg

So how is? Do I need to cut back on my sugar intake? Am I still able to have rice or do I need to switch to Quinoa?

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
What’s weird is there are DSG owners without this sound. Watch videos online and don’t hear it at all. And frankly I’ve never heard it on any other DQ250 car. So I don’t know what to make of it. It’s so loud, I can’t imagine it’s entirely normal. It’s really audible outside the car, but only slightly inside.

Does yours make the sound too if you rev it in neutral?
Mine doesn't seem to do it when I rev it in Park. The transmission feels great in general, though 🤷. I'm out of warranty, so if it goes, it goes. Other than doing DSG services a bit early, idk what else I, or you, could do.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Mine doesn't seem to do it when I rev it in Park. The transmission feels great in general, though 🤷. I'm out of warranty, so if it goes, it goes. Other than doing DSG services a bit early, idk what else I, or you, could do.
Interesting. Mine does it when revving in park too, which is what makes me think it's a belt pulley. But honestly I don't know what is or isn't engaged in the DSG when in park, so it still could be a DSG sound I guess. My fluid is only about 12k miles old and it's been making the sound since I bought the car (right after the fluid was changed) so I wouldn't expect that to help. But yeah, it feels fine. Drives great with no slipping.

My main thinking is that if it is something in the DSG that can be fixed, like a bearing, I'd rather do that than let it get worse until the whole DSG goes. I'm under CPO but also tuned, so if the worst happens I'm not counting on the powertrain warranty.

I've come across several people on the internetz with this sound and none of them have ever found anything wrong and we're all in this big circle asking each other "any update? was there a problem? I have the same thing." An interesting VW mystery.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Interesting. Mine does it when revving in park too, which is what makes me think it's a belt pulley. But honestly I don't know what is or isn't engaged in the DSG when in park, so it still could be a DSG sound I guess. My fluid is only about 12k miles old and it's been making the sound since I bought the car (right after the fluid was changed) so I wouldn't expect that to help. But yeah, it feels fine. Drives great with no slipping.

My main thinking is that if it is something in the DSG that can be fixed, like a bearing, I'd rather do that than let it get worse until the whole DSG goes. I'm under CPO but also tuned, so if the worst happens I'm not counting on the powertrain warranty.

I've come across several people on the internetz with this sound and none of them have ever found anything wrong and we're all in this big circle asking each other "any update? was there a problem? I have the same thing." An interesting VW mystery.

1. Your car makes a cool jet engine sound.
2. Your car runs fine.
3. Bruh, the fuck else do you need? All the girls will be yours!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Ok ok ok. If something goes wrong I’ll come here and tag you and yell at you.

Just trying to get ahead of something before it actually becomes a problem but noooooo.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Ok ok ok. If something goes wrong I’ll come here and tag you and yell at you.
If you do ever need to take it apart to look at clutches and you're thinking about a LSD, do yourself a favor and try to order it 3 months ahead.