GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally put in Precision Raceworks SAI Block Off Plate. Kind of a b!tch to install. The bottom T30 was hard to get to. Would highly recommend a T20 security bit to remove the black thing. Of course thats the one bit I'm missing.
IMG_8982.JPG
IMG_8984.JPG

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
daaaaaaaaang.....hunker down ya'll......carpet is replaceable in one room for the dogs...ya'll are not.
No carpet here. We rode out the storm in our downstairs bathroom. Lost the majority of the siding off the second floor, a lot of soffit and a few shingles but otherwise no damage. R made it through without a scratch in the garage. No water, power, generator or grill so we’re refugee status at my parents.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Further north here, 20 miles east of Tampa. Many trees down in neighborhood minor damage to some buildings, power been out for 30hrs and counting but otherwise all ok. Actually did some car DIY today....unclogged the sunroof drains on my daughter's Golf.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Well say goodbye to the wrap on the wheels- i must say I’m impressed it held up as long as it did but i am switching to powder coating. Two wheels at a time so i wont Be done for the next month but thankful i have two spare wheels! Wish i didn’t trade in my beater truck.. 😂

Wrap on these wheels is really easy to do and convenient but I’m ready for something more permanent.

Attachments

• 23D013FC-6660-49B8-9588-0B62C2DB6E40.jpeg
    23D013FC-6660-49B8-9588-0B62C2DB6E40.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • D53398D9-CA0B-49FE-AFCA-0E8FF9113222.jpeg
    D53398D9-CA0B-49FE-AFCA-0E8FF9113222.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Once you install this, what do you need to do to get rid of the SAI system?
Just the block off plate. But you do need to code it out. Not sure if VCDS/OBD11 can but I’m on a Eurodyne tune. The other section is located in the front bumper on the driver side and is held on only with 2 14mm nuts.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
No smog laws in Hawaii I see... nice
No smog. But during the safety check inspection question “Did you modify the exhaust…”
No…….

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
No smog laws in Hawaii I see... nice

No smog. But during the safety check inspection question “Did you modify the exhaust…”
No…….
and this is why it's SO nice to have a shop that does everything on your car......you drive in, they slap a sticker on it...you drive out

and also the county doesn't smog/emission test, so that's a bonus

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Just the block off plate. But you do need to code it out. Not sure if VCDS/OBD11 can but I’m on a Eurodyne tune. The other section is located in the front bumper on the driver side and is held on only with 2 14mm nuts.

Yeah I’ve seen the other “section” before and just seems like a lot of extra nonsense - being APR tuned I’m sure i cannot Remove it.. just seems like it’s one of those things that’s not really needed

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
No carpet here. We rode out the storm in our downstairs bathroom. Lost the majority of the siding off the second floor, a lot of soffit and a few shingles but otherwise no damage. R made it through without a scratch in the garage. No water, power, generator or grill so we’re refugee status at my parents.
@sterkrazzy

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Yeah I’ve seen the other “section” before and just seems like a lot of extra nonsense - being APR tuned I’m sure i cannot Remove it.. just seems like it’s one of those things that’s not really needed
Aaaaand now I have a CEL for the SAI 😩 Did not come up yesterday when I went to the store. Hopefully can clear it and it’ll go away.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Aaaaand now I have a CEL for the SAI 😩 Did not come up yesterday when I went to the store. Hopefully can clear it and it’ll go away.
Awe dude - sorry bro/ jinxed it