GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Threw a p0131 on Friday. Ordered a new upstream o2 sensor from RockAuto Saturday and it showed up today. Removed the old one and installed the new one in less than 10 minutes including putting tools away.

I would have rather bought from FCP but they were out of the Bosch sensor and I couldn’t justify spending over $100 more for the VW rebranded one.

F5637E7F-894D-4768-8BE2-F3EF81D5547B.jpeg

4598CCE7-22AB-4CB8-AD82-0A0BC8245CCE.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just arrived via UPS! SB Parts short shifter. Cant wait to try it out at Fastivus this weekend!
View attachment 261769

View attachment 261789
Well that'a an annoying design. One of the 10mm bolts to remove the OEM shifter is covered by a tab that holds the center console rear vent plumbing. So the whole console has to come out.
View attachment 261791View attachment 261792View attachment 261793

Now this is what I'm talking about. A part arrives, and you drop everything to install. All you procrastinators around here are out your goddamn mind.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
View attachment 261789
Well that'a an annoying design. One of the 10mm bolts to remove the OEM shifter is covered by a tab that holds the center console rear vent plumbing. So the whole console has to come out.
Needing to remove the whole center console again is why I'm retrofitting EPB... while I'm in there 😶. @Acadia18 I've been sitting on my CW shifter since on Black Friday last year, 😶 again.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I must be getting old; I didn't finish the install tonight. The circlip I used on the side to side cable split and went to the shadow realm. New on arrives tomorrow then it should be in the car.

Some day I'd like to switch this out for a CAE, but man this seems like a great affordable alternative! It's a very simple install anyone is capable of completing, just very tedious. (Pretty sure the Coolerworx and this are the same just different shift knobs). Shoutout to @El_bigote_AJ for the assistance.
I see that subframe sitting over there. Please tell me it wasn't removed for this install. I have (little to) no interest in dropping the subframe unless I'm putting in the steering rack from the Golf R. And I'm not currently budgeted (financially or timewise) for that, haha.

I know the tunnel brace and exhaust pipe need to move, center console of course... but I wasn't counting on much more than that :oops:.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Nothing because it's at the dealer with a broken slave cylinder/TOB and I'm here all alone with my brand new Milwaukee M18 cordless DA and nothing to polish =/

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nothing because it's at the dealer with a broken slave cylinder/TOB and I'm here all alone with my brand new Milwaukee M18 cordless DA and nothing to polish =/
You can polish your knob.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Added some Aliexpress lights at the grill

How well does the color match in person/how was the install? They look great! I've been thinking about something like this on and off for a while.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
hood_fenders.jpg