GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Installed my Cobb ABS heat shield.

I couldn't find any clear info for installation and the only video about it is leaving out a key part out, which is there is a squeeze tab at the bottom of the factory shield. Pinch (upward) and THEN it wiggles right off; the video just implies a little jiggle and it's off. Took about 15 minutes before I put two and two together... it takes less than ten seconds to do. Felt like a dolt.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You would buy the first outright, then when you need the replacement you would also buy that second / third / fourth and then get a refund for the second / third / fourth item when you return the first / second / third item.
So in essence i would pay only once (my wallet would be down only once) -- for the first order, because every subsequent order would be refunded?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So in essence i would pay only once (my wallet would be down only once) -- for the first order, because every subsequent order would be refunded?
That's correct.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You pay each time and get a refund when FCP receives the old item back

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
That is crazy nice. Thanks.
Pay with PayPal for free return shipping (reimbursed by PayPal) up to 12x per year making it truly free.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I wrapped up my tstat/.waterpump, injector work. This took me way longer than it should have, as most things do. The car was on stands for three days total. I lost a day and a half because I did not have a stubby 17m to put the fuel line back on after the intake manifold was seated. The bolts at the bottom of the throttle body are a bitch - used three extensions to get to three of them. Coolant everywhere, messy job. Next time I'll take it to a shop. Not worth it. All works well, no leaks, no CEL's. Went for a pull, did not get a misfire or a hesitation up top in third, the injectors may have fixed my issue. Found out another pleasant surprise. Thought my iABED RMS was leaking, turns out it was just coolant that made its way down there, so, that's a plus. Car is in good shape, just need to remove a bit of rust by the wheel well on the rear quarter panel before winter and I'll be happy. I have a catch can and sway bar that are waiting to be installed, but.... That just feels like something I'll do next spring. I'm done turning wrenches for a bit.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Washed it, been driving it. Still love it.
060DD363-D215-427D-8F04-9FE60D70A0BA.jpeg

I got a pull in at 6am on the drive into work too lol. 6.0 Powerstroke pulled a sneaky and left hard while I was sitting in neutral at a light. I came around him at the top of 3rd and got a thumbs up at the next light.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Fully detailed my car.

Daily driving road grime, all over, is a drag.
Its a pain for sure, especially when always driving it. Doesn't stay clean for nothing lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm amazed at how much brake dust and dirt accumulates in the door sills. I'm wondering if slash guards would help.