GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Well, brother, it goes something like this. I've had the car for three years now, stage one, stage two hybrid. When it was on stage 2 I ran it with rs7 plugs. When I pulled them they looked good. I got Ruths cause everyone raved about them. Turns out, they run too hot for a hybrid pump tune. I ran the car like this for..... 3k? If I did damage it most likely wasn't significant enough. Never had random misfires etc... My plan is to keep the car until 2026 or until it hits 180k km whichever comes first. Odds are I didn't do enough damage to impact me until either of those. At that point in time mk7. 5 and I swap all the parts over. I love this platform I don't wanna leave. And I particularly like this gti. I got all the options and the plaid seats. Even when the pump started to leak I just looked at it and said "You son of a bitch, you'reup to something again". Tomorrow, I get to change this pump and pull the injectors. I'll most likely have a few stressful moments, but at least I'm working at the front of the engine bay and I'll feel accomplished when I wrap it uo. And my new thing is to always put it on ramps, not matter what so that my back and hammys don't kill. That was too much. Whatever, I love the car, I'm gonna enjoy it and not get upset over every little cunt hair that gets on my tongue.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, brother, it goes something like this. I've had the car for three years now, stage one, stage two hybrid. When it was on stage 2 I ran it with rs7 plugs. When I pulled them they looked good. I got Ruths cause everyone raved about them. Turns out, they run too hot for a hybrid pump tune. I ran the car like this for..... 3k? If I did damage it most likely wasn't significant enough. Never had random misfires etc... My plan is to keep the car until 2026 or until it hits 180k km whichever comes first. Odds are I didn't do enough damage to impact me until either of those. At that point in time mk7. 5 and I swap all the parts over. I love this platform I don't wanna leave. And I particularly like this gti. I got all the options and the plaid seats. Even when the pump started to leak I just looked at it and said "You son of a bitch, you'reup to something again". Tomorrow, I get to change this pump and pull the injectors. I'll most likely have a few stressful moments, but at least I'm working at the front of the engine bay and I'll feel accomplished when I wrap it uo. And my new thing is to always put it on ramps, not matter what so that my back and hammys don't kill. That was too much. Whatever, I love the car, I'm gonna enjoy it and not get upset over every little cunt hair that gets on my tongue.

Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Went for a rip with the new plugs, still got the the misfire. Changing injectors tomorrow, if it still arises after that.... Multimeter and check the grounds next? Logs look clean.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Went for a rip with the new plugs, still got the the misfire. Changing injectors tomorrow, if it still arises after that.... Multimeter and check the grounds next? Logs look clean.
Is it EPC misfire on shift at WOT kinda deal, or you're logging a misfire on shift that is hanging out and repeatable?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Changing to $160 racing plugs at EQT's recommendation didn't fix a misfire??!?

1663899274306.png

(nothing against you I just have personal qualms against EQT's spark plug recommendations)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'm not sure I understand. Happens around 6700ish in third right when I am about to shift into fourth. Log is below. Older log but same symptoms:

https://datazap.me/u/daks/log-1663899770?log=0&data=8-15
Oh that's right, you've got real clutch. Are you clutching in at this point? Looking over the log, maybe I'm blind but I don't see where you have misfires defined. I see knock, but i'm not seeing misfires.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I got an update on the R.

2nd estimate finally got approved by the insurance company. Went with a certified dealership repair shop so all new oem parts going on. Total was just shy of 8k, so alot less damage than I thought. Just be glad to give up this honda crv hybrid and get my car back!!

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I see knock before shift and your injector drops while your rail pressure and LPFP/HPFP% stay steady right as you get that knock and stuff happens.
1663901262297.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm not mad about it. You saw what the Ruths looked like, they weren't for my setup.

Nah, don't get me wrong. Nothing against throwing them in and seeing if it helped. It just seems their recommendations for the last few months, no matter the problem, is $160 spark plugs. At least in your situation, you're running a hybrid and it's somewhat justified. But you see it all over their FB, fools throwing $160 plugs in their stage 1 GTIs where the most action their car sees is a highway on ramp every now and then.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD