Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Our cars don’t have a typical valve cover. The cam girdle and the head are line honed together, the top of the engine is the bearing surface area for the camshafts. Basically means a timing job if you need to reseal.

What I'm getting at, is I don't think the oil on the plug came from above and leaked down. I'm not sure what the alternative is, of where it would have come from, but I don't recall seeing anything in the sparkplug hole indicating it was leaking in from where there two parts meet.

Going to be keeping a close eye on it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oil in combustion chamber would not be liquid. That came from above.

I'll just grab some caulk and smear it around the wall where the coil goes. That should stop it from leaking in.

Jk.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
After having it for a long time, I finally used my Dragy. That thing is pretty cool! Thought I need to get my launches down....think they were cutting in to my times a bit too much.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
After having it for a long time, I finally used my Dragy. That thing is pretty cool! Thought I need to get my launches down....think they were cutting in to my times a bit too much.
Don’t be a tease. Let’s see some times.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I was pulling on to the highway and got EPC and cylinder 3 misfire/hide cylinder. I'm close enough to my plug change interval so I pulled em and here's what they look like with 7,100 miles on them. Whatcha think?

84ixH.jpeg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I was pulling on to the highway and got EPC and cylinder 3 misfire/hide cylinder. I'm close enough to my plug change interval so I pulled em and here's what they look like with 7,100 miles on them. Whatcha think?

View attachment 260936
They look ok to me, any idea on if the injectors could be at fault? Running E?

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Dunno if it's just me, but Cyl3/4 look different from 1/2. Could be the photo. Looks like heavy detonation/lean on 1/2, some on 4, but not as much on 3.. weird. Cyl1 has some significant sparkling.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Dunno if it's just me, but Cyl3/4 look different from 1/2. Could be the photo. Looks like heavy detonation/lean on 1/2, some on 4, but not as much on 3.. weird. Cyl1 has some significant sparkling.
Now that you say that, I am not sure about my claim of “plugs look good” lol you make a really good point