GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Those look horribly rich too. No coloring at all on the threads.

Possible cause and solution?

They have about 6k miles on them. Haven't noticed any drivability issues, this was just noticed due to changing the plugs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you sit and idle a lot? Short drives?

Sit and idle? Not really. Maybe every once in a while for a few minutes?

Short drives? Sometimes. Like today. Drove to T-Bell and home. Like a 3 mile round trip. Drove to my daughter's daycare and home. Like a 2 mile round trip.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
spare tire sub-(maybe helix) cause I don’t want to mess with taking off door panels and potentially adding rattles cause this thing it’s quiter and tighter fitting than the GTI and Tiguan ever were.
Don't do the Helix!
The GT has the 6 speaker system, and I added it to our R-line back in the day (same setup) and it didn't do much of anything. I tried every program too.

Now the Helix with the Passat (SE w/Tech) 8 Speaker system....the Helix sounded AMAZING with that system. Best "stereo" I ever had in a car. The only downside was that I had to leave the tool/jack kit laying in the trunk though, lol.

But again, don't waste your time/money on the Helix with your GT though.

There's this though:
https://www.qs-parts.com/store/p60/B7_Passat_US_Model__(2011_-_2015)_Under_Floor_sub_box.html

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Wrapped this up, moved the BRZ out of the shop so it can go on my GTI for 3.5”Midpipe development next week.

View attachment 260755
Sound clips for sure, are you going to do just the 3.5" mid pipe into your 3" exhaust? I think this would be a good chance to try a 3.5" exhaust all the way to the stealth suitcase, since that one is a 3.5" inlet, bypassing the middle muffler. And probably a 3.5" stealth with a Vibrant 1133, since Borla don't have an XS that size.
Changed my plugs with the fresh set of Ruths, found some not good stuff :(

View attachment 260768

View attachment 260769

That was cylinder 4. Plug was very wet with oil. The top of the threads on 3 (not near the tip) was a little wet, but nothing like 4.

Checked compression again, all still ~145psi across the board, same as they were about 6 months ago.

What am I looking at here. PCV issue? I know it was replaced 25k miles ago, but these PCVs seem to be hit or miss.

Dr. @Diggs24, you're the plug expert, tell me what to do! 🤣
Valve cover seal could do the same thing. Surprisingly, VW didn't use a seal on this car, I guess because of all the issues with the seal in MKV and MKVI. They sell a kit or you could use some Permatex.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sound clips for sure, are you going to do just the 3.5" mid pipe into your 3" exhaust? I think this would be a good chance to try a 3.5" exhaust all the way to the stealth suitcase, since that one is a 3.5" inlet, bypassing the middle muffler. And probably a 3.5" stealth with a Vibrant 1133, since Borla don't have an XS that size.

This particular customer has a AWE Track, so it’ll be my 3.5” version of the AWE Fitment Midpipe.

5B52D3CB-3472-4610-9436-6B3A72E4ADED.jpeg

With it being such a simple part I don’t think it’ll require any different as far as the weld fixture goes.

I will have to build the GTI specific lower downpipe piece to cover the difference between GTI & R routing, and that’ll conclude MQB parts development for me.

While it would be cool to offer a full 3.5” system, this is the last production weld fixture I plan to build for Volkswagen. I’ve already got way more invested into this platform than I’ll ever see back out if it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
School me please….. what is that an indicator or symptom of? I will change out after 5000 miles and reevaluate
My understanding is that it's a sign of detonation. I'm no plug expert, so we'll see what Diggs says.