GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Reinstalled everything after being happy with line placement and no rubbing after the current MPI and flex sensor install.
20220907_125643.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Some MIB2High Toolbox modifications. My GIMP skills are trash, but it looks good-ish enough for a first effort. The lack of talent is more apparent in these screenshots than on the actual infotainment... but what has been seen cannot be unseen so I'll fix them. Also the red path along with red car is too much. That path color will be changed to something with some contrast. I've already made the roof darker on the large image, didn't realize how close it was to the windshield color 🤦‍♂️.

Before...
Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

After...
AFter 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
Installed an IS20 w/ APR turbo inlet pipe and ECS muffler delete (all used parts) in my GSW 4Mo today. Eyeballed the wastegate actuator adjustment and actually got it (mostly) right first try lol. Going to be going with an APR 87AKI stock-DP tune plus a TCU tune.

Also stuck on some wheel studs and 10mm spacers all around while I had it on the lift

Attachments

• 7AEA18EA-1158-4BE9-867A-A03695AFAF98.jpeg
    7AEA18EA-1158-4BE9-867A-A03695AFAF98.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • EF48AA98-8E3B-4B7A-8FBF-0D85D3BA4E4F.jpeg
    EF48AA98-8E3B-4B7A-8FBF-0D85D3BA4E4F.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 50

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
last night i had 4 people in the back and car was sitting very low. Was rubbing very bad. The right side rear fender paint chipped from rubbing and something hanging maybe the fender liner came off. Anyone experience paint chipping and a way to repaint it?

I'm dropping 5mm next week its just been way too hot outside.
IMG_7874.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Changed the park pilot path to blue. Better contrast, taking color suggestions though...
1663009467310.png

Also audi mapstyles on the Infotainment and AID (no pic, but looks just like the infotainment). I'm not sure if the Audi style look better than the VW style or if I'm just excited because it's different. Anyway, having some trouble getting the Porsche mapstyle to show (which I feel legitimately looks better). Also can't get the Bentley mapstyle to work either, although I've never seen what they look like.

Audi mapstyle...
Audi Style.png

And the VW style...
VW Style.png

Attachments

• PXL_20220911_173412684.jpg
    PXL_20220911_173412684.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
last night i had 4 people in the back and car was sitting very low. Was rubbing very bad. The right side rear fender paint chipped from rubbing and something hanging maybe the fender liner came off. Anyone experience paint chipping and a way to repaint it?

I'm dropping 5mm next week its just been way too hot outside.
View attachment 260463
holy crappy rear suspension.....there is no way having four people in the back did that alone....I've had 15+ bags of mulch in my GTI and never had that bad of a drop. You sir, need new shocks

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I'm still using my Porter Cable 7424XP that I bought like 15 years ago 🤣. Every time it starts making a wild noise and I think "welp, this is it," it just keeps on chugging along. I have done literally zero maintenance on it ever, and I'm pretty sure one day it's just going to fly apart while I'm using it. But it works.
I have one myself, got it in 2007. Put some good lithium grease in it it might rejuvenate it, new brushes too. I bought two new Griot's polishers and the night and day difference is wonderful. More powerful, ergonomic as all hell, just a pleasure to use.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Got the car back from the shop for the clutch slave replacement and promptly went back to the track to beat the absolute shit out of it.

Had a few oh shit moments but the car held up great all weekend and I shaved a few seconds off my personal best.
- I really need to change my brake fluid.

Out of nowhere on my way home from work today I got a CEL for "P041300 - Sec Air Inj Sys Switching Valve A Circ". While I was checking out the SAI hose I noticed my clutch bleeder block was also leaking. ugh.

IMG_4240.jpg
IMG_4237.jpg

Whos coming to fastivus this year?

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Took her home on a trailer today. Was the final track day of the year on freshly rebuilt brakes, WCGW?

Brake failure into a high speed hair pin, then barely avoiding a crash and finally brakes catching fire in the pits, that's what.

Never ever go to the track without an extinguisher. It will save your car or someone else's.
1663026734112.png

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Took her home on a trailer today. Was the final track day of the year on freshly rebuilt brakes, WCGW?

Brake failure into a high speed hair pin, then barely avoiding a crash and finally brakes catching fire in the pits, that's what.

Never ever go to the track without an extinguisher. It will save your car or someone else's.

Shit, good to see you and the car survived.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Got the car back from the shop for the clutch slave replacement and promptly went back to the track to beat the absolute shit out of it.

Had a few oh shit moments but the car held up great all weekend and I shaved a few seconds off my personal best.
- I really need to change my brake fluid.

Out of nowhere on my way home from work today I got a CEL for "P041300 - Sec Air Inj Sys Switching Valve A Circ". While I was checking out the SAI hose I noticed my clutch bleeder block was also leaking. ugh.

View attachment 260521View attachment 260522

Whos coming to fastivus this year?
Not you? Sorry had to. Hope you get it all figured out.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R

View attachment 260528

Glad you’re ok 👍

I always have an element fire extinguisher in the car after my trip to Laguna Seca in 2018 where my friends TT-S brakes went out while braking for the corkscrew, the brakes caught fire too.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Took her to the VW dealer because ever since the IS38 upgrade and reflash to Uni's IS38 file, I just keep smelling fuel. I was convinced fuel leak somewhere. I trust the Sr tech there as he is a master VW/Audi ASE tech, and is the tech that always works on her. Anyway, he called to state there are absolutely no leaks anywhere, she is just running way rich, and that I am probably leaving power on the table with that tune.

Time to switch tuning platforms, because I like to be able to put my windows down without my eyes watering from fuel fumes. Looking at EQT or Eurodyne. Eurodyne I like because you get the software to actually tune with. This benefits me as I have a friend with a Dyno shop. I know I can schedule a live tuning session with EQT, but that is just extra $$ after I buy a Accessport, and a custom tune. Or is it just buy an AP and pay the 500 for tuning session?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Took her to the VW dealer because ever since the IS38 upgrade and reflash to Uni's IS38 file, I just keep smelling fuel. I was convinced fuel leak somewhere. I trust the Sr tech there as he is a master VW/Audi ASE tech, and is the tech that always works on her. Anyway, he called to state there are absolutely no leaks anywhere, she is just running way rich, and that I am probably leaving power on the table with that tune.

Time to switch tuning platforms, because I like to be able to put my windows down without my eyes watering from fuel fumes. Looking at EQT or Eurodyne. Eurodyne I like because you get the software to actually tune with. This benefits me as I have a friend with a Dyno shop. I know I can schedule a live tuning session with EQT, but that is just extra $$ after I buy a Accessport, and a custom tune. Or is it just buy an AP and pay the 500 for tuning session?
You don't necessarily have to do a custom tuning session, they have OTS maps for IS38 GTI's too