GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Idk which piece is $800, but Sikky BRZ LS swap turn key kits start around $25,000

Yeah using a used built T5 transmission with a SBC bell housing (needed extensive mods to fit LS, one off transmission mount, used twin disk clutch and hydraulic slave cylinder, & new one off drive shaft he said he’s at $3,850 for everything that lives between the LS & rear differential.

To just buy a T56 transmission that’ll properly bolt to a LS and hold the same 700whp it would be significantly more than that total alone.
The kit to mount the engine from the link you posted.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
But lots of add ons. Still cool though. If you got cash and time, those are awesome projects. I'm gonna reno a bathroom shortly and I'm getting excited about it. I realized I'm getting old.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Right, just engine mounts for $800 & you can hold both in one hand. If you want a “kit” it’s more like 4-5k plus the engine, transmission, clutch, ECU, wiring, fuel system, cooling system, exhaust ect

It’s a very expensive option, even compared to the billet BFI mounts a lot of us here have.

I just didn’t want anyone misunderstanding that the swap could be done for $800 + a LS of your choice

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Thank you to the people who move on to Audi cars and sell all the MK7 Mods at great Discounted prices! Got the PR 1300cc kit for $900.

Installed Pag Parts LPFP today.

Next up, installing the full MPI with Ethanol kit and upgraded PR Fuel lines, with my favorite company in the world! EQT 5/4
TMAP/PUT sensors. Someone contact EQT have them unblock me from there Q&A page. Lol.
Meyyyybe. :)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes warranty still, Intake and exhaust for the Wookie sounds for sure. Wheels,tint, (dying to lower more, but since the whole intent for adding this to the bunch was SOLEY for comfort, ease of driving and being able to have adult passengers in the back - I’m really fighting myself to mess with lowering it). I love how quiet and easy it eats up Shitty road bumps n ruts right now.

I’m thinking on the exhaust I may just do custom after the ypipe and swap some different mufflers there and do the exact tips I want like with my other cars.
Also, the headunit screen is so small, do you know of any options that gets me a bigger screen but still retains all can-bus communications esp with the rear camera?
Well the GT is supposed to be a hair lower than a standard Passat, so it's kinda lowered already LOL

The GT exhaust is different too, but I never heard it in person. For cheap....just replacing the mid muffler with a straight pipe will give you some wookie sounds without any drone or anything btw:
https://youtube.com/shorts/PDBcTiPmgUY?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/nYPlQe8332M?feature=share

When you start messing with the rear ones, then it can get louder but then introduce the drone.

You should have the MIB2 radio, IIRC. You're not happy with that?
That was the state of the art/biggest radio back then, lol.
I'm sure there are aftermarket upgrades, but I don't think the newer ones will swap in (since it's on it's own platform & not MQB).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Most places doing a "turn-key" including installation start around that price. I think Flyin' Miata was selling their turn-key LS3 conversion for $50k plus the car.

Yeah it adds up quick when the rolling chassis is basically the only part you re use.

With that said it’s going to be an absolute riot once it’s done. LS swapped Toybaru are this generations Shelby Cobra kit car. Me personally, I’d rather have a Factory 5 Cobra (that’s what I plan to talk my dad into building next after the Cummins project is completed and inevitably sold).

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed my new nav screen only to discover it appears to be defective; three fairly prominent rainbow vertical lines in the LCD whenever it's powered on. Very disappointing...

IMG_3940.jpeg

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Installed my new nav screen only to discover it appears to be defective; three fairly prominent rainbow vertical lines in the LCD whenever it's powered on. Very disappointing...

View attachment 260339
That sucks. Side note - didn't you used to live in Chicago?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What's he building the car for? Track monster? Drift missile? General hood rat stuff with his friends?

“street car” haha. Basically just hoodrat stuff with our group of friends, who tend to dabble in all of thee above.

Basically half the guys I work with at the airline have a fun car or three. So it’s like a car meet everyday.

-Super charged K swapped AWD EG hatch

-GT350

-R33 Skyline I built this year

-R32 Skyline (x2, one is a drift missile)

-M4 G40-1050

-Mk7 & 7.5 GTI

-Procharged GTO

-C6Z06 (x3)

-C5Z06

-4.6 3V turbo mustang

-5.0 s550 (x3) (900hp SC, “NA” gutted drag car & a SCCA track night FBO)

-several other 5.0 & 4.6 mustangs

-half dozen Tesla (some lowered/cosmetic mods)

-half dozen Mopar (Hell cat, Scat Packs, 5.7s)

-535 big hybrids

-LS F100

-TrailBlazer SS

-BT Mk4 Supra

-STI & WRX

-Porsche 911s, 928s, 944s, 356

-Ferrari 308

-Maserati

There’s more, but you get the idea lol. We’re all a bad influence on each other.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Detailed the interior, got in new lower fender arch covers

Attachments

• 20220910_144857.jpg
    20220910_144857.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37