GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The R made the trek to the dealership for repairs . They said it will be a day or 2 for the estimate to get drawn up. Till then I'm stuck in a CR-V Hybrid. Rental places within 200 miles was slim pickings.

How come dealership for the repairs? No reputable body shops in the area? Or is your dealer that good :p

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How come dealership for the repairs? No reputable body shops in the area? Or is your dealer that good :p
The local body shops dont have the equipment To reset the systems affected by the crash. Also this dealership is prety good, and mod friendly. So all around win.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The local body shops dont have the equipment To reset the systems affected by the crash. Also this dealership is prety good, and mod friendly. So all around win.
Good point on system resets.

Hell yeah. Seen your thread and what happened.. always a nightmare to be a third party to an accident and see your baby damaged.

Best of luck, hope everything works out well!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
PR’d in my Treg on the 3 hour drive home from the long weekend on Monday. Filled up before departure, and filled up at the closest gas station to my house when I got home. Computer said 34.5 when I filled up at home, hand calculation brim to brim said 32.9.

My Alltrack got 29-31 mpg with a manual transmission so I continue to be impressed with the Touareg’s efficiency. Granted - it takes hypermiling effort / skill to achieve these numbers. If you throw it in 75-80 in cruise you’re getting 26-29. But the sheer ability to get over 30 mpg in a 400 torque 5K lb full-time 40/60 split AWD beast capable of towing 7700 lbs… I just love it.

If any of you are ever looking for a tow/adventure vehicle, I would strongly suggest a Touareg. They are in my opinion underrated, and their reliability issues overstated. If you really don’t want to deal with the TDI emissions stuff a VR6 is the “Toyota” option on the Treg. Bulletproof with no factory defects to speak of. If you wanted to get super crazy you could also go HPA VR6T/TT. That’s the only way I could justify going VR6… just too slow and inefficient otherwise

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
They definitely are lower that's for sure. I always drove with the stock seats in the lowest position, and these are even lower than that. I haven't taken the car for a drive yet but they seem comfortable.

Anybody considering these seats should know that the front/back adjustment on these is a lot less than the stock seats; I'm only 5'8", so I luckily found a good driving position; however, even with the passenger seat all the way back, my legs are slightly bent with my feet against the firewall, so tall people might not find these comfortable.
I am 6 feet tall exactly, and 190 lbs. With the seat mounted to Corbeua brackets my knees were crammed up underneath and touching the steering wheel. I had to move the steering wheel up to allow for a somewhat normal driving position.

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Decided to chop in the GTI after 2 1/2 years and start looking for an R, it must have heard me..

Already in for a major service, brake fluid, rear disks & pads, MOT and 2 new tyres.

It then decided to shit out the battery and get a slow puncture in one of the other tyres.

Think I'll keep it for a bit longer, it owes me too much, lol.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Thank you to the people who move on to Audi cars and sell all the MK7 Mods at great Discounted prices! Got the PR 1300cc kit for $900.

Installed Pag Parts LPFP today.

Next up, installing the full MPI with Ethanol kit and upgraded PR Fuel lines, with my favorite company in the world! EQT 5/4
TMAP/PUT sensors. Someone contact EQT have them unblock me from there Q&A page. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_182635.jpg
    IMG_20220719_182635.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20220907_150308.jpg
    IMG_20220907_150308.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Drove it to work through a hailstorm of bugs.

Attachments

• 20220907_194456.jpg
    20220907_194456.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Procrastination came to an end, sort of. Installed an Ecohitch I picked up to use with a bike rack, which I still need to assemble.

Next eventual task is reverting back to stock ride height. Roads suck ass here and I've had enough of daily driving a lowered car for almost 5 years now. Don't know if I should run the Koni's into the ground or go back to the low mileage OEM shocks/struts.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Procrastination came to an end, sort of. Installed an Ecohitch I picked up to use with a bike rack, which I still need to assemble.

Next eventual task is reverting back to stock ride height. Roads suck ass here and I've had enough of daily driving a lowered car for almost 5 years now. Don't know if I should run the Koni's into the ground or go back to the low mileage OEM shocks/struts.
Dailying on Konis is still a delight. I have a 2010 Mazda3 on oranges, and my wife's 2018 is on yellows. They're easy enough to adjust damping, and tightening up the handling a little, even on stock springs, has drastically improved the car's handling.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
What is it that you don't like about the riding a lowered car? Which springs do you use?

I've tried:
- OEM shocks/springs
- B16
- OEM shocks/H&R progressive springs
- B8/Eibach linear GTI springs
- B8/Eibach linear GTD springs
- B8/Eibach linear Golf R springs.

B16 in various ride heights and clicks, everything after B16 w/ factory bump stops and slightly shortened (- 5-6mm) bump stops.

IMO the stock shocks are underdamped in compression (heavily rely on the bump stops), and overdamped in rebound. The spring balance is okay but on the softer side. I prefer linear springs over progressive springs because I don't like the bouncy/floaty ride around ride height. Also I think impacts are better (a little bit more compact but much more controlled afterwards) w/ linear springs. Shortening the bump stops by a couple millimeters makes a big change on many rougher road cracks/impacts. Going to the stiffer linear springs (Eibach Golf R) kit made my car actually more comfortable. The WAF came back, and even on our 3500km road trip from Germany-Austria-Slovenia-Croatia and back there were no complaints. Furthermore we didn't stop or slowed down for a single dip, railroad crossing, road crack, or on dirt roads. I've seen bad roads in Ohio and surrounding states while my car was on factory suspension and on B16. Wouldn't consider B-roads in Slovenia and Croatia as good either...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Decided to chop in the GTI after 2 1/2 years and start looking for an R, it must have heard me..

Already in for a major service, brake fluid, rear disks & pads, MOT and 2 new tyres.

It then decided to shit out the battery and get a slow puncture in one of the other tyres.

Think I'll keep it for a bit longer, it owes me too much, lol.
This is literally my wife's car right now....Battery died, CV boot ripped, drive belt cracked, tires need replacing.....lol

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
What is it that you don't like about the riding a lowered car? Which springs do you use?

I've tried:
- OEM shocks/springs
- B16
- OEM shocks/H&R progressive springs
- B8/Eibach linear GTI springs
- B8/Eibach linear GTD springs
- B8/Eibach linear Golf R springs.

B16 in various ride heights and clicks, everything after B16 w/ factory bump stops and slightly shortened (- 5-6mm) bump stops.

IMO the stock shocks are underdamped in compression (heavily rely on the bump stops), and overdamped in rebound. The spring balance is okay but on the softer side. I prefer linear springs over progressive springs because I don't like the bouncy/floaty ride around ride height. Also I think impacts are better (a little bit more compact but much more controlled afterwards) w/ linear springs. Shortening the bump stops by a couple millimeters makes a big change on many rougher road cracks/impacts. Going to the stiffer linear springs (Eibach Golf R) kit made my car actually more comfortable. The WAF came back, and even on our 3500km road trip from Germany-Austria-Slovenia-Croatia and back there were no complaints. Furthermore we didn't stop or slowed down for a single dip, railroad crossing, road crack, or on dirt roads. I've seen bad roads in Ohio and surrounding states while my car was on factory suspension and on B16. Wouldn't consider B-roads in Slovenia and Croatia as good either...
I do mostly city driving nowadays. Lots of surrounding development (buildings and infrastructure), road improvements seem to be low priority. Winters always take a toll on the roads with salt and plowing.

Currently have Koni Yellows with "linear" Eibach springs (E10-15-021-02-22) with shortened bump stops and a Eurosport camber mount.
Previously had Racingline springs before that were too soft/low and bottomed out too easily. Car bottoms out far less now but just feels too rough for my liking.
Thought that oversizing to 245/45R17 tires would help absorb road imperfections but not as much as I hoped for.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I do mostly city driving nowadays. Lots of surrounding development (buildings and infrastructure), road improvements seem to be low priority. Winters always take a toll on the roads with salt and plowing.

Currently have Koni Yellows with "linear" Eibach springs (E10-15-021-02-22) with shortened bump stops and a Eurosport camber mount.
Previously had Racingline springs before that were too soft/low and bottomed out too easily. Car bottoms out far less now but just feels too rough for my liking.
Thought that oversizing to 245/45R17 tires would help absorb road imperfections but not as much as I hoped for.
What tire pressure?