GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I just installed 4 new zim rotors as well. I do want to ask how your Z coat is wearing off.
The rears are gone almost immediately after the bedding process.

The fronts, however look werid because the center portion seems to remain to-date. Leaving the edges shinny and center has a light grey z coat :| see pic
Off topic, but what size lugnuts are you running? I need to get some aftermarket ones I was thinking 20mm for the flanges just wasn't sure

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Something weird with your front pads. The coating should wear off on the friction surface.

I'd remove and reinstall those front pads. Make sure you clean everything and lube the pins.
u think i should?
FYI those are old/existing pads because they are only 1/3 worn , the rears have new rotors/pads.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A coke can is only 6 inches...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
its most likely caused by uneven pad wear from my old rotors? Can I keep running the old pads until they are gone?
i dont wanna buy another set of pads right now , but if its gonna cause rotor damage .....
what happens is, the old pad which if has worn uneven, will now where the new rotor down unevenly, and also vice versa.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
On Aug. 23, 2017, I took delivery of my 2017 GTI Sport with 202 miles on the odometer. It had picked up those 202 miles as a trade from a dealer near Pittsburgh to the dealer near Cleveland where I bought it. It's my first (and to date only) new car purchase.

Exactly five years later, the car rolled over 30,202 miles at the end of a nice long jaunt in the country to celebrate. Still almost completely stock and original; still impresses me with its flexibility and quality. Here's to many more years!

20220823_164609~01.jpg

GTI Sunset_1024.jpg

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
replaced key fob battery...yay!
I did this today too, after an OBD11 scan of the car in preparation for my ambient lighting upgrade (to set the colours to 30 as requested).

One of the fautls detected was low battery on key #2, which I'm sure is my little used spare. It's been a bit over 2 years and I've replaced the one in my regular fob already, it was dead one day out of the blue, so I figure it has to be that one. Remembered it being a 2032, but it was a 2025, and we keep spares in the house for all the cars!