Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Slave cylinder gave out? assume aftermarket clutch wit an IS38, mods? 🍿

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Same thing happened to my neighbors GLI about a month ago. It was his clutch line bleeder block o rings he reused on a clutch install.
@19_gti_rabbit on insta had the same thing happen recently. hoping for the best.

Slave cylinder gave out? assume aftermarket clutch wit an IS38, mods? 🍿
SB stage 3 daily + fluidampr + APR everything

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Fingers crossed just bleeder block failure or a fatigued clutch line that went. But if nothing is obvious upon a detailed inspection, battery tray out.... I would get the free play on the crank measured just to make sure before I dove into removing the trans and hoping its a TOB.

@jawndropper Did you ever try to pick the clutch pedal up off the floor?

Last edited:

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
@jawndropperDid you ever try to pick the clutch pedal up off the floor?
I did lift it by hand with the car off. The pedal just slowly sagged back down from wherever I released it. It seemed to be actually disengaging/engaging though. The car started back up like normal while the clutch was all the way down.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Dumb question, but did you try starting it in gear with the clutch down? The clutch switch should let it try even in gear. Just make sure the path in front of the car is clear. It sounds like the tob crapped out. Should be an inspection hole on the trans. Look for brake fluid seeping out. Best of luck man.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I did lift it by hand with the car off. The pedal just slowly sagged back down from wherever I released it. It seemed to be actually disengaging/engaging though. The car started back up like normal while the clutch was all the way down.
Sounds like it's not crank walk...again fingers crossed...if you do need a TOB find the all metal contstuction one from Luk and not the two piece plastic...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Still looks good from 10’ away
BEDF9918-9E63-4B20-AEF1-A9536DC20E00.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Oil changed, transmission oil changed, brake fluid changed, washed it, installed the rear mudflaps. Only thing I've got left to do is diff oil and rear swaybar
Nice. If you can, do the sway bar on ramps so everything is under load when you tighten it down.