FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Got a free front lip from a buddy - came from a Golf R but i made it work. Not sure about the red vinyl on the bottom yet- i may Rip it off

Attachments

• 3561A662-4921-42D2-882E-05AC11E601D6.jpeg
    3561A662-4921-42D2-882E-05AC11E601D6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 3EAB9A8C-2C7F-4752-84ED-D82DF8DC5DBF.jpeg
    3EAB9A8C-2C7F-4752-84ED-D82DF8DC5DBF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Inspection light: Checked fluids / tire pressure (incl. donut) / oil change ... ready for the next 3000+km roadtrip. Germany - Austria - Slovenia - Croatia and back.

Next planned mod: Add an access door to the Alltrack skid plate. It's pita to remove it w/o a lift.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Have you thought of an oil extractor? Seems easier, actually it is easier.
Thanks. I've thought about an extractor, but with the pit in our garage oil changes on our Beetle and Polo are so quick and easy. On my GTI it takes longer to remove the 14 bolts of the belly pan. Only 5 are easy accessible. I know 1st world problems...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks. I've thought about an extractor, but with the pit in our garage oil changes on our Beetle and Polo are so quick and easy. On my GTI it takes longer to remove the 14 bolts of the belly pan. Only 5 are easy accessible. I know 1st world problems...

Hmm... How you thinking of adding an access door? Just more of an access hole, or what you plan on doing?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Step by step? Would love to do this on my golf r
It won't be super soon, I've got a 6 month old and my wife has a broken leg so time is... limited, haha. But I'll try and give a semi step by step in my build thread at some point, wouldn't make much sense in this thread to do more than the summary you quoted.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hmm... How you thinking of adding an access door? Just more of an access hole, or what you plan on doing?
Just more of an access hole that can be closed. Round or squared I don’t know yet. Time will tell. For the next 2 weeks I‘ll take care of mountain roads and beaches.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
That's a lot of tessa tape!

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
That's a lot of tessa tape!
primarily got for headlights but practicing on radio wires. the way its priced is so dumb. 8 bucks for 1 roll (and who knows if ill need more than 1 roll?) or 20 bucks for 5. id rather have it and not need it than wish I got 2 rolls. it reminds me of super high quality cloth tape from playing hockey growing up.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
primarily got for headlights but practicing on radio wires. the way its priced is so dumb. 8 bucks for 1 roll (and who knows if ill need more than 1 roll?) or 20 bucks for 5. id rather have it and not need it than wish I got 2 rolls.

That's how they get ya.