GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Less than 11k miles, no launches and my BFI stage 2 trans mount is failing. The beveled/flush Allen bolt prevents any torque being applied. As a result the bolt comes loose if you flex the mount with your hand. This causes excess wear on the inserts and developed a crack. BFI needs to go back to the flanged bolt design and this issue won't happen.
Wow, that's not good. How did you discover it?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Less than 11k miles, no launches and my BFI stage 2 trans mount is failing. The beveled/flush Allen bolt prevents any torque being applied. As a result the bolt comes loose if you flex the mount with your hand. This causes excess wear on the inserts and developed a crack. BFI needs to go back to the flanged bolt design and this issue won't happen.
View attachment 257213
What made you take it out? Did you feel like something was off while driving?

After doing an oil change, I saw my BFI Stage 1 insert was all torn up.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
View attachment 257213
Did you contact BFI?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I dried its tears for not having a mod done in months….or having a bbk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i for once haven't been very busy on my car lately either. big list of things i want to do, but havent had the cash to any of it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
go try doing donuts in a dry parking lot and report back!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
What's you thoughts on it so far?

Honestly I really felt weird walking into a shop, and 30 minutes later walking out after paying and “hoping” it’s legit been done. I have trust issues.

But the shop is reputable…

I probably won’t really be able to notice until after another race event or two. I’m hoping this finishes the car off as far as what I’ve done to it to give me that last little competitive edge.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Got the windows tinted. First time doing this on any car and I'm not sure why I waited so long!

I went with Llumar CTX @ 50% all around. It's subtle but that's exactly what I wanted.

Royalion

Ready to race!
Got the windows tinted. First time doing this on any car and I'm not sure why I waited so long!

I went with Llumar CTX @ 50% all around. It's subtle but that's exactly what I wanted.

I am considering exactly the same. Have any more photos from different angles?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

You should do Air80 on the windshield