Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Had the stock exhaust put back in. 😲 Ignore the dog hair. :oops:
1659384901001.png

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Hope its not too blasphemous to still post here but I suppose it is an EA888 Gen 3 MQB... after almost 2 yrs & 20k miles stock on the A3 starting to get that mod itch again... :oops:

APR Open PEX Intake System For VW/Audi 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 MQB

IMG_6134.JPG

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
actually driving the GTI since it’s so hot out here right now. It’s been like 105-108 every day for last 3 weeks.

I guess the VW dealer thinks I should drive it more also, they said I can save now on my overdue 60k mile service, lol. The car still has 48k miles, about 4K miles on it since I bought it a bit over a year ago.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Hope its not too blasphemous to still post here but I suppose it is an EA888 Gen 3 MQB... after almost 2 yrs & 20k miles stock on the A3 starting to get that mod itch again... :oops:

APR Open PEX Intake System For VW/Audi 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 MQB

View attachment 257025
you had to buy the secondary filter separate or yours came with? can you take a closer picture of how you zip tied yours off so I can copy your neat solution when I do this

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
you had to buy the secondary filter separate or yours came with? can you take a closer picture of how you zip tied yours off so I can copy your neat solution when I do this

Secondary air filter was sold separate. Also APR brand. Its a pretty easy zip tie just to the large coolant line running right in front of the intake.

Honestly the install was shockingly easy. Not even a single screw had to be undone. The intake is held down with rubber grommets so you literally just yank the old one off and pop this one on.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Gave the motor a dousing of CRC GDI cleaner, changed the oil and plugs. The low rpm harshness in D6 is gone. I'll scope the valves at 100K when I do the DSG and Haldex service. Even though I've been using this stuff for 80K every oil change, I don't think that anything can prevent the inevitable.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Got a flat, put on the spare just to find out the spare was deflated...

Attachments

• 20220803_091407.jpg
    20220803_091407.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54