GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I finally got my car back today from some body work repair. They replaced the door but it SOUNDS like SHIT when you shut the door or use the handle. I look at the receipt and looks like they replaced it with the door of an e-Golf? Did they use different materials because it sounds like tin or aluminum while all the other doors have a nice solid sound. Took a month to do the repair because Geico said the door didn't need to be replaced and they could just repair it which then they changed their minds and said it needed to be repaired after I dropped it off at the auto body shop.
I wonder if they ripped out some insulation and forgot to replace it. I dont know what the inside of the door looks like however. all the golf handles are the same as are the doors across trims just some differences between 2 and 4 doors.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
How many people did you have to pay off to get the New York ASSMAN plate

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
went from -2° to -3° with some 034 Roll Center ball joints.
Swapped out some warrantied Superpro LCAs that solved a frustrating clunk issue that lasted a year+
Added a 034 FSB to pretty much complete suspension mods I wanted to do
And finally added the steering wheel which I never really planned to do but couldn't pass up the great deal from @Salami
After getting it installed can say it's a massive improvement vs the stock R wheel

IMG_1291.jpeg

RenderedImage.jpeg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
A little sumpin sumpin is about the only IPA I've found that I like.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Move
went from -2° to -3° with some 034 Roll Center ball joints.
Swapped out some warrantied Superpro LCAs that solved a frustrating clunk issue that lasted a year+
Added a 034 FSB to pretty much complete suspension mods I wanted to do
And finally added the steering wheel which I never really planned to do but couldn't pass up the great deal from @Salami
After getting it installed can say it's a massive improvement vs the stock R wheel

View attachment 256693

View attachment 256694
Nice. Thought that would be a great solution for a little more camber, but alas, not compatible with ST40 BBK. Oh well

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!
just tell them youre talking to god im sure it'll be fine

Looks like he's talking to God's God.

BUSTED!!!! Time to paint the car a new color and change the plates

I had a buddy that did road tunes in people's cars and got out of a few tickets saying he was doing emissions testing for the EPA. 🤣🤣🤣
These comments just get better and better! Thanks for the laughs! Ironically, I was legally parked along the Colonial National Historic Parkway the day after my Starbucks incident and was approached by a passing Park Ranger. He stopped, no lights or anything, just to see what I was doing: "I just had to know what all of this stuff is about." He was curious, friendly, and affirmed that I was legally parked and not causing alarm. So, now that's three Park Rangers in this park that are familiar with me, including the dispatch supervisor. :cool:

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
if I had to guess their main concern is no one is impersonating a cop or mess with their communications so as long as you aren't trying to pretend youre a cop they prob let off the gas real quick and are genuinely interested