GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Daily'd my Braille G30 for a few years. Now it gets driven sporadically. Fires up every time, cold weather, full E85, doesn't matter. 🤷‍♂️
Do you have Keyssy or an alarm. Mine was cool, till the first time I locked the car.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

I mean at least you aren't texting and driving

Texting and driving, illegal. Typing your thesis and writing a long hand manuscript and driving, not illegal. 🤣🤣🤣

No but his car doesn’t throw a CEL, it throws an EMP lol

That's all funny stuff! :ROFLMAO:

That looks really good! However, I already have two 4-port USB hubs connected that barely support what I have going on as it is. They're somewhat visible in this photo...

I'll take better photos when I've finished a few details. I'll consider the "triple monitor" setup if I upgrade my computer to something with faster ports, though.

So...... you a cop? 🤣🤣🤣
I'm expecting a conversation with one someday... it's bound to happen eventually. Just a few days ago, I had grabbed a drink at Starbucks and was legally parked away from the storefront to check some radio settings. Apparently, a customer in the drive-thru saw me with the antennas on the car and was "concerned" enough to report me to the drive-thru window attendant. The driver made sure everyone knew that she was NOT going to use her mobile app or credit card... cash only. After all, everyone knows that huge-ass antennas are exactly what thieves are using to skim credit cards today! :ROFLMAO: A barista told me about it when I went inside for something else. The driver could have called the police, and may have. But I left before finding out if it had gone that far (not running, just done with my business). I suspect a local ham was correct in supporting her by saying "if you see something, say something." But what a PITA it could have been for me.

I think the Starbucks staff knew it was me and just ignored the complaint. But life could have been different if "Karen" had called the police and left, especially if the encounter was abused as a pretextual stop to attempt a search on the car. I have too much valuable and mysterious stuff inside to consent to search; so, GAME ON! :censored: Wait and see how "scary" I'll be with Yagis and an antenna rotator! :eek:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
HAHA!

That looks really good! However, I already have two 4-port USB hubs connected that barely support what I have going on as it is. They're somewhat visible in this photo...

I'll take better photos when I've finished a few details. I'll consider the "triple monitor" setup if I upgrade my computer to something with faster ports, though.

I'm expecting a conversation with one someday... it's bound to happen eventually. Just a few days ago, I had grabbed a drink at Starbucks and was legally parked away from the storefront to check some radio settings. Apparently, a customer in the drive-thru saw me with the antennas on the car and was "concerned" enough to report me to the drive-thru window attendant. The driver made sure everyone knew that she was NOT going to use her mobile app or credit card... cash only. After all, everyone knows that huge-ass antennas are exactly what thieves are using to skim credit cards today! :ROFLMAO: A barista told me about it when I went inside for something else. The driver could have called the police, and may have. But I left before finding out if it had gone that far (not running, just done with my business). I suspect a local ham was correct in supporting her by saying "if you see something, say something." But what a PITA it could have been for me.

I think the Starbucks staff knew it was me and just ignored the complaint. But life could have been different if "Karen" had called the police and left, especially if the encounter was abused as a pretextual stop to attempt a search on the car. I have too much valuable and mysterious stuff inside to consent to search; so, GAME ON! :censored: Wait and see how "scary" I'll be with Yagis and an antenna rotator! :eek:
BUSTED!!!! Time to paint the car a new color and change the plates

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
HAHA!

I had a buddy that did road tunes in people's cars and got out of a few tickets saying he was doing emissions testing for the EPA. 🤣🤣🤣

depan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf MK7 TSI 1.8T
I finally got my car back today from some body work repair. They replaced the door but it SOUNDS like SHIT when you shut the door or use the handle. I look at the receipt and looks like they replaced it with the door of an e-Golf? Did they use different materials because it sounds like tin or aluminum while all the other doors have a nice solid sound. Took a month to do the repair because Geico said the door didn't need to be replaced and they could just repair it which then they changed their minds and said it needed to be repaired after I dropped it off at the auto body shop.