uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Got a new dent on the rear side panel between wheel wheel and passenger door thanks to a stone or something that hit the car on the highway. I recall hearing the noise and it was loud but didn't realize it did damage until a few days later. 😭
the roads in nj are so filthy and disgusting the past couple years. everywhere looks like shit and little rocks everywhere that only seem to be getting larger every day randomly in the road. tons of lazy ass construction workers making a mess everywhere. nobody has pride in their work including the road ppl. our foundations look like they're crumbling constantly. they never repave properly so they can come back in 2 years and do an even worse job only after the asphalt begins to destroy cars and up insurance companies profits. it makes me not want to drive when you take pride in your car, every trip feels like I'm doing damage, like playing football without a helmet. not to mention, ive never seen so many people driving in masks hindering their cognitive abilities apparently, so many accidents, so many bad drivers overall. it's such a shit show.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
the roads in nj are so filthy and disgusting the past couple years. everywhere looks like shit and little rocks everywhere that only seem to be getting larger every day randomly in the road. tons of lazy ass construction workers making a mess everywhere. nobody has pride in their work including the road ppl. our foundations look like they're crumbling constantly. they never repave properly so they can come back in 2 years and do an even worse job only after the asphalt begins to destroy cars and up insurance companies profits. it makes me not want to drive when you take pride in your car, every trip feels like I'm doing damage, like playing football without a helmet. not to mention, ive never seen so many people driving in masks hindering their cognitive abilities apparently, so many accidents, so many bad drivers overall. it's such a shit show.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
MST TIP and silicone hose in. Pointless on IS20 but going Vortex XL next year so should make a difference then.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP

Perhaps, but you know what, my mother just chimed in on this when I mentioned it looks like the shape of a bb would do. All she does is watch the news all day as a retired senior... She said recently there is a new tiktok game or some bs where kids are shooting each other or something with bb guns? It's become a "thing"? It swear, it honestly was a loud noise when it hit and it's to the side of the car, not any front end or like a mark where it shows some side ways impact. Some douche could of been on the highway and had some asshole fire from the side and I had no clue because I was talking on the bluetooth when it happened but just recall thinking, WTF was that. I think I'm more pissed off now at the idea that some asshole was riding along side me, lowered their window and fired while recording it on their phone or some sh!t. 😠😠😠

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Prepped some DP materials, drove my GTI to work, negotiated a deal for my mom on a ‘22 Jetta S.

No mark up or dealer add ons, and they’re taking her ‘05 Corolla on trade even after I disclosed its slipping transmission & rust issues. I guess they REALLY want trades no matter what it is.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Prepped some DP materials, drove my GTI to work, negotiated a deal for my mom on a ‘22 Jetta S.

No mark up or dealer add ons, and they’re taking her ‘05 Corolla on trade even after I disclosed its slipping transmission & rust issues. I guess they REALLY want trades no matter what it is.
Believe it or not, with todays internet market, used cars bring more money than new car sales. With the caveat that they don't have to invest a lot of money to get it ready for sale (they don't want a lemon law claim). When I was selling Chevrolet most of the new car sales net me what they call a "mini", which means that all profit for the front end was given as rebates, discounts, etc... which meant a $150 profit for the sales man. That was a hit in the face when I got $150 in the sale of a High Country Suburban... lady got the EMS employee discount which was $7500 off the sales price.

I had to sell 10+ cars a month to qualify for the dealer bonuses, if not... well, you didn't get much at all. Imagine working an entire month and only selling 9 cars, and all of them are mini sales. That would be a $1350 gross paycheck.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Believe it or not, with todays internet market, used cars bring more money than new car sales. With the caveat that they don't have to invest a lot of money to get it ready for sale (they don't want a lemon law claim). When I was selling Chevrolet most of the new car sales net me what they call a "mini", which means that all profit for the front end was given as rebates, discounts, etc... which meant a $150 profit for the sales man. That was a hit in the face when I got $150 in the sale of a High Country Suburban... lady got the EMS employee discount which was $7500 off the sales price.

I had to sell 10+ cars a month to qualify for the dealer bonuses, if not... well, you didn't get much at all. Imagine working an entire month and only selling 9 cars, and all of them are mini sales. That would be a $1350 gross paycheck.
That's poverty level, jesus.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
So what happens when you sold that 10th car? How much do the dealer bonuses affect the paycheck?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
@Salami that month I sold 16 cars, I made close to $9k net.

Bonus at the time were $500 for 10, $1000 for 12, $1500 for 14, $2000 for 16. Once you hit 16 you get 5% from the backend (insurance, add-ons and packages).

The old timers were not happy with that chart, the one that was training me told me that with the old rate I could had made over $15k with 16 cars.

And, on used cars, let say the profit margin could be 2500 per car, that goes away pretty quickly. Anything that needs fixing on the car gets deducted from the sales man/front end. So if the car needed a new transmission, the sales man ended up getting a mini as well. If the car only needed detailing and tires, it could net a 2000 profit.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
I finished the "front end" of my FT-857D installation. Here's a "kitchen sink" photo with almost everything:

This photo shows an additional monitor and my "dual-FT8" setup. I still need to find a home for my antenna rotator controller. I still have plenty of time before September's VHF contest.

I mean at least you aren't texting and driving