GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Seems like by the photo you were able to do this on ramps? Is that accurate?
Yes. I have the plastic rhino ramps. Did the whole thing laying there..thought they were somewhat in the way taking the old bar out and putting the new one in but lowering the exhaust helped (hey son hold the exhaust..he didn't have to it just hangs down and stays).
Always a bit scary forward or backward onto the ramps..I found having someone to spot and position them helps a ton.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Thanks for the feedback @RMinNJ - this is one mod i intend on doing cause around corners i can Feel the rear

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Finally got the gold BBS LM's mounted up. 19x8.5 ET48, 5mm rear spacer. Stock size Michelin PS4S. Big thanks to Paul and Kim @ SupremePower for a top notch experience. Highly recommend dealing with SupremePower whenever you can.

Car isn't the cleanest right now but here you go.

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Finally got a six pack of the good stuff.

Full month wait after “in stock” purchase, no tracking it just randomly showed up today. To say having that much money out in the wild for that long is stressful is a understatement.

View attachment 256240

All of your money is potentially out in the wild, every time your wife leaves the house.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Detail day. Will be out of town all week a d wanted to get a jump on the detailing for Streetcar takeover Bowling Green this upcoming Saturday. Ran out of time for interior, but got the outside done. While cleaning and rotating the tires, I found 2 nails in one tire. Small, but not risking it. Ordered a new one and will have this one patched and installed on my spare wheel. Is anyone else going to SCT this Saturday? I'm going to be entering into the 12s class. Hope I dont get schooled by a c8 again this year.
20220724_193329.jpg
20220724_170612.jpg
20220724_193139.jpg
20220724_193311.jpg
20220724_193219.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Detail day. Will be out of town all week a d wanted to get a jump on the detailing for Streetcar takeover Bowling Green this upcoming Saturday. Ran out of time for interior, but got the outside done. While cleaning and rotating the tires, I found 2 nails in one tire. Small, but not risking it. Ordered a new one and will have this one patched and installed on my spare wheel. Is anyone else going to SCT this Saturday? I'm going to be entering into the 12s class. Hope I dont get schooled by a c8 again this year. View attachment 256264View attachment 256265View attachment 256266View attachment 256267View attachment 256268

You need to paint your rusty rotor hubs. And some kind of tire shine.

Attachments

• 2633816-0-2259260365.jpg
    2633816-0-2259260365.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 29

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Yeah, discovered I was out of tire shine half way into the detailing. As for rotors, I am looking at some ebc bsd black rotors when I do my first brake job on this car. That all depends on if I do the macan upgrade or not.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I had the black rotors, looks cool that goes away after driving literally one time :D id still buy them again tho

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Main thing would be for the hats. Had them on my 15 gti home made bbk. Loved the look.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
What a pain in the ass. I knew this was going to happen soon too. I got in my car this morning and it started up perfect, no issues. I drive about 5 mins away to the tax collector and when I get back in my car it starts up perfectly fine again. I drive another 5 minutes away to the shell station. I get my fuel. Go to start the car. I get a single click from the starter and it gives up. Then all the random errors pop up. I knew right away it was the battery. I go inside the gas station and ask the clerk if there's anyway to get me a jump and a random guy that was checking out said he'd give me a hand. I tried to give him a $20, but he wouldn't take it. Immediately after this I went to grab a battery, already got it back up and running again. 11:30 the battery was dead. By 12:15 the new battery was installed.

1658767407666.png

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
What a pain in the ass. I knew this was going to happen soon too. I got in my car this morning and it started up perfect, no issues. I drive about 5 mins away to the tax collector and when I get back in my car it starts up perfectly fine again. I drive another 5 minutes away to the shell station. I get my fuel. Go to start the car. I get a single click from the starter and it gives up. Then all the random errors pop up. I knew right away it was the battery. I go inside the gas station and ask the clerk if there's anyway to get me a jump and a random guy that was checking out said he'd give me a hand. I tried to give him a $20, but he wouldn't take it. Immediately after this I went to grab a battery, already got it back up and running again. 11:30 the battery was dead. By 12:15 the new battery was installed.

View attachment 256315
“Oh, you’re ordering an RS3, suck on this dead battery”

It knows.