GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Update on my DSG woes. Unfortunately the mech unit replacement did not resolve my DSG issues. Had AAA haul it to the dealership, and they agreed the best course of action is transmission replacement. Something internal is causing failed gear selections and changes. 4th gear seems to be the problem child. It'll likely get a GTI PP or R DQ250, but a DQ381 swap isn't off the table just yet. Supposedly TVS now offers DSG software for DQ250 to DQ381 swaps!
View attachment 255938
If you follow agron on IG he has a dq381 for sale

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Crossed 100k today. APR stage 1 from 50k, still on the factory clutch. Bought new in late 2014, never had a CEL. Only failed parts on the car so far have been a driver visor light that was DOA, a window switch, and a suspension part that clunked. Overall, extremely happy with the car.
Unpossible, you can't tune on the stock clutch. 🤣

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Simple cosmetics:
Removed grill, carbon wrapped GTI symbol and re-wrapped. Also wrapped the red strip on the front cause the clear coat was peeling and covered the chrome. Meh.

Attachments

• 670DAE56-C2DD-439B-9EA9-7635FF174D98.jpeg
    670DAE56-C2DD-439B-9EA9-7635FF174D98.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 79BE9628-FD7B-4077-A3E1-88D646921CCC.jpeg
    79BE9628-FD7B-4077-A3E1-88D646921CCC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 728B762F-9326-4EEB-87C0-6AEBBB8F25F4.jpeg
    728B762F-9326-4EEB-87C0-6AEBBB8F25F4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 55

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed a VTT crankcase breather. Mainly to free up some powa.

Also like everyone I have the sweaty oil cap. Changed the PCV a while back; put in new O-ring, installed the ECS breather hose; installed the Tiguan oil cap extension. They all worked for a couple months but I still have a sweaty cap. Hope this will alleviate some of the pressure and have less sweat/oil in spark plugs.
IMG_8810.JPG

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Pick up some S3 wheels. Going to install tomorrow.

I currently run stock dallas wheels with 15m/20m spacers. How should these run with my spacers. Lowered on DG springs .75 inch. The front drivers side is my only concern of rubbing bad Tires are 235/35/19
IMG_7410.jpg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
forgive the invasion from the mk6 side of things, folks. i figured this mod on my mk6 GTI was worth sharing since it should fit and work well for mk7 platform. If you don't already have an extinguisher, having one is piece of mind in the event my car catches fire or i encounter one while out and about.

Since I mounted my small extinguisher in the rear of my car I really wanted to have something in the forward cabin for mor immediate emergencies. Since I am vehemently anti-ECS, I stayed away from the extinguisher mount from Rennline since they are exclusively an ECS product line now. I stumbled across KAP Industries out of Australia, and their mount looked pretty sturdy and essentially equivalent to competition previously mentioned. Plus the pricetag was more attractive.

KAP Industries

The brace showed up and I confirmed it would potentially fit the daily which has stock seats. After that I immediately installed:

I ordered this extinguisher from amazon, any 2.5kg extinguisher should fit fine, I bought this one because it came with a bracket and a quick release. Bolting that up was a piece of cake.

Depending on the extinguisher and placement you'll need to bend the bar so it sits properly for access and seat sliding. But I am happy with the look and function here! The KAP website has an install DIY video, real easy to follow. But for the love of god do not use a torque wrench as a ratchet/breaker bar, as they did.

But here's some links for you all..
KAP Industries
Extinguisher

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I saw this a while back and thought it was pretty cool. Basically it’s an inert gas that kills the flame. No residue that would damage your engine.

Element E50 Fire Extinguisher

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I saw this a while back and thought it was pretty cool. Basically it’s an inert gas that kills the flame. No residue that would damage your engine.

Element E50 Fire Extinguisher
I have this mounted under my seat in case of fire track days, too. After seeing a 911 go up in flames I never want to be more than an arms length from an extinguisher at the track again.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Simple cosmetics:
Removed grill, carbon wrapped GTI symbol and re-wrapped. Also wrapped the red strip on the front cause the clear coat was peeling and covered the chrome. Meh.
I like the red tab areas on each side of the grill..unique.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Installed H&R 24mm, moog endlinks.. install was much easier than I thought with son providing commentary and handing tools.
Impressions.. OMG, so much tighter ....doesn't feel like it will swing out of control (could have gotten 26mm?). Feels like the way the GTI should have been ..worth every penny.

swaybar.jpg

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Installed H&R 24mm, moog endlinks.. install was much easier than I thought with son providing commentary and handing tools.
Impressions.. OMG, so much tighter ....doesn't feel like it will swing out of control (could have gotten 26mm?). Feels like the way the GTI should have been ..worth every penny.

View attachment 256188

Seems like by the photo you were able to do this on ramps? Is that accurate?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Put the gap on some no cat v6 mustang. They were driving like a hood rat, cutting cars in town. My turn came and I denied the dirty pass between reds, turned into a full blown chase up a mountain. Long story short it was waaaaay in my rear view.

Ended with reeling it in from two cars back after a red. Chick was driving, "cherry" stamped on the back in those tacky chrome letters.

Immediately got home and ordered a set of PS4S. Don't do dumb shit on A/S tires...

Last edited: