GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I feel your pain. I also have a DIB. My front bumper and RR door have been repainted. Didn’t notice it for over a year. Nothing shows up on carfax either
Same, clean history. Assume it must have just been a minor fender bender but still hella aggravating to see, especially after so much time. And there's always that part of my brain going "well if that happened and you didn't know, what else could have happened..." I soothe myself with the 6yr/72k warranty but you never really know. DIB seems especially hard to get right; I'll probably get both bumpers replaced and properly repainted once I'm out of the city, but for now it's just gonna keep happening street parked so it is what it is, for better or worse.

I guess it all depends on the individual. My father was in the same mindset you have, he would take the check for whatever the insurance quoted, and take it to the cheapest place possible. Paint was always mismatched. Me on the other hand, grew up with a group of guys that went to car shows, had body shops. or just were great enthusiasts, I would never take a car from a body shop with mismatched paint. Especially if it is a car that I bought new, or a car that I loved.
Oh I 100% wouldn't accept work that had mismatched paint; whatever happened to mine was before I took ownership of it (bought it with 4,400 miles on it in October 2020.) I more meant like every time I get disheartened and question whether having this hobby (especially in a city) is worth it, I try and remind myself that there's still fun in it and at the end of the day everything can be fixed with either time or money (or most often both.) The joy I get from rowing through gears on a nice day with the windows down, or from admiring the work/mods/retrofits I've done to make her feel special outweigh the setbacks, and until that changes I'm just gonna smile on and remember that those good feelings have value too, even if more intangible.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was awakened by a pet-related disturbance in the house. Couldn't go back to sleep; so, I went out for a sunrise photo with my new antenna setup...

This isn't a full-time setup... probably just weekend use only. For now, I'm road testing it for noise and performance.

Scott...man your setup continues to astound me! If I was a MARS operator we'd be linking up!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Everybody here with their modded GTI's listening to "Jiggle, Jiggle" while getting groceries.
On E85, I hear that just going down my driveway

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Just installed the Osram dynamic black edition mirror lights from DAP. Took 45 mins being super careful not to break anything. I have to say the hardest part is putting back on the mirror cap.You slide it in from inside out watching the mirror clips go underneath the tabs to lock in . Also loosening the 2 t10 screws located inside helps loosen the stock lights to come out. These lights are so much brighter than the stock ones and match my euro tails. The amber is much deeper and matches the front as well. A bit expensive but worth it.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Oil and filter change with Liqui Moly 5w40 and a hengst filter. Used an oil extractor for the first time. I removed the plug to see if it got it all out. Very small amount came out so I guess I’ll keep using it.
Swapped in some Denso plugs, rotated the tires and cleaned the wheels.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I was awakened by a pet-related disturbance in the house. Couldn't go back to sleep; so, I went out for a sunrise photo with my new antenna setup...

This isn't a full-time setup... probably just weekend use only. For now, I'm road testing it for noise and performance.

mast-warship-27285190-996087527.jpg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5

when you contact 'them,' let them know we're not worth saving and to just keep looking for another planet in need of assistance

Das Weib GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Just put two pairs of these babies from Focal. Front and back installs with tweeters. They sound amazing! I don't even need a subwoofer. Base is tight and voices clear. Several rolls of sound suppression went in as well; doors, panels and floor boards. Very happy with the results.
1657687885472.png

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

Scott...man your setup continues to astound me! If I was a MARS operator we'd be linking up!
Thanks! I'm not a MARS operator... just a general ol' ham. ;)
Funny, but almost accurate. I have more coming. It's about to get nuts on my rooftop. :oops:
when you contact 'them,' let them know we're not worth saving and to just keep looking for another planet in need of assistance
I'll invite them to orbit and watch the drama from an entertaining distance. :coffee: <<< No popcorn emoji; so, this will have to do.

I went out last night for some early photos of the "Buck Moon."

The super moon is actually tonight when it reaches perigee. But our area is expecting clouds and thunderstorms. There may be another photo opportunity tomorrow night, but last night was just about perfect. With a bit of photo editing, the super moon becomes a "super-duper moon." :p