GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What do you mean pulled pins? They only disconnected and then reconnected.

They damaged the connector aka pulled the pins attached to the wire out of the connector housing.

Thats why you’d suddenly acquire;

ABS

AIRBAG

TRACTION CONTROL

Faults & lose cruise control completely.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
They damaged the connector aka pulled the pins attached to the wire out of the connector housing.

Thats why you’d suddenly acquire;

ABS

AIRBAG

TRACTION CONTROL

Faults & lose cruise control completely.
lovely- I was watching them and they were not being rough with it at all.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
lovely- I was watching them and they were not being rough with it at all.

Theres only so many parts to the system, and honestly it’s easy to damage.

Unplug the connector, push the wires in firmly from back to front, and re connect. Unless a pin is unseated completely from a wire you should be good.

It’s only a two wire harness so not much to it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I stand corrected, they did not disconnect the harness. They pulled the caliper assembly off, bungee corded it up out of the way, and pulled the rotor off. What am I missing here? They did eventually disconnect it to inspect the sensor after the problem was discovered. This makes it sound like something damaged without it being disconnected>? How is that possible?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I stand corrected, they did not disconnect the harness. They pulled the caliper assembly off, bungee corded it up out of the way, and pulled the rotor off. What am I missing here? They did eventually disconnect it to inspect the sensor after the problem was discovered. This makes it sound like something damaged without it being disconnected>? How is that possible?

No need to get defensive, I’m trying to help.

If faults that weren’t present before appeared after messing with the hub/spindle assembly the pins in that connector are the most probable culprit.

The only three components that make that system work are:

-Magnetic ring on the hub

-Sensor

-Wiring

Two are new, and the third was disturbed. The key to troubleshooting is fully understanding the system and it’s normal functions and eliminate one thing at a time till you figure it out. This is what I do for a living and I enjoy it, and just want to see the car fixed (for free).

By not unplugging it they might have accidentally pulled the wires just enough to unseat the pins in the connector.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
No need to get defensive, I’m trying to help.

If faults that weren’t present before appeared after messing with the hub/spindle assembly the pins in that connector are the most probable culprit.

The only three components that make that system work are:

-Magnetic ring on the hub

-Sensor

-Wiring

Two are new, and the third was disturbed. The key to troubleshooting is fully understanding the system and it’s normal functions and eliminate one thing at a time till you figure it out. This is what I do for a living and I enjoy it, and just want to see the car fixed (for free).
I appreciate that man. Just frustrated because other than the wheel bearing going out, the car was fine upon arrival at the shop.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Make sure its not a weird battery voltage issue that coincidentally happened at the same time, maybe the shop left some lights on and killed it? What dash lights are actually on?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
all of them except the EPC light I believe

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
snows off & summers on!

IMG_20200703_133035207.jpg

DatOneGuy

Car(s)
mk7.5 rabbit
I installed neuspeed slotted rotors with isweep 2000 pads slotted in the rear also but just single piece rotors in the rear and put some red stainless steel lines on. Buffed polished and ceramic coated my Pretoria's. Only to find out my strut mount on the left side is done for. So no extreme hooning for a little while.

Attachments

• 20220409_131333.jpg
    20220409_131333.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20220410_145118.jpg
    20220410_145118.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lowered on Emmanuel Design springs : before and after photos : total time about 3.5 hours

Attachments

• AE68857B-AB5F-423C-B4C2-5AC92EC752CF.jpeg
    AE68857B-AB5F-423C-B4C2-5AC92EC752CF.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 57
  • 5BFB1294-CFA6-4BED-A251-ED2E622AC15A.jpeg
    5BFB1294-CFA6-4BED-A251-ED2E622AC15A.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 45
  • 59EC3707-AD63-4431-9436-9215F76BA676.jpeg
    59EC3707-AD63-4431-9436-9215F76BA676.jpeg
    537.4 KB · Views: 50

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spray painted my Moog end links (as suggested here) in preparation for rear sway install this week.
Remove bolt from left rear exhaust hanger. Makes sway install a breeze.

Last edited: