GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
The wife has been telling me to trade in the GTI for a Gladiator since I don't have to commute to work anymore.

Every time I drive her Wrangler, though...

3fc.jpg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed Tomioka IHX475 today. Drove home on the Eurodyne Stage 2; kept RPM's below 3K-ish. Drove fine but had a EPC 15202. Flashed to Eurodyne IS38 and same code pops up. Checked wastegate voltage and it was at .9 :mad: Contacted installer and he said he set it back to the same location.
Kinda upset since I had the CTS wastegate extension harness for him to use. Would've simplified everything. Before the install he asked what the extension harness was for and I explained that was so he could adjust the wastegate to the proper voltage outside the car. Will go back tomorrow and he will adjust it from the bottom while I sit on top. Not sure if theres enough space for that?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Installed Tomioka IHX475 today. Drove home on the Eurodyne Stage 2; kept RPM's below 3K-ish. Drove fine but had a EPC 15202. Flashed to Eurodyne IS38 and same code pops up. Checked wastegate voltage and it was at .9 :mad: Contacted installer and he said he set it back to the same location.
Kinda upset since I had the CTS wastegate extension harness for him to use. Would've simplified everything. Before the install he asked what the extension harness was for and I explained that was so he could adjust the wastegate to the proper voltage outside the car. Will go back tomorrow and he will adjust it from the bottom while I sit on top. Not sure if theres enough space for that?
Ugh, that's my worst nightmare. This is why I paid extra for a pre calibrated wastegate. I hope you get it done quickly.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That CTS thing looks pretty nifty.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Lame af.

It can totally be done while installed, but is one of those things that's easier to do with it out. Which is why CTS makes that cable 🤣

Hopefully they get it straightened out for you.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Who’s signature said something along the lines of “setting wastegate voltage is a passage to manhood”? 😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Who’s signature said something along the lines of “setting wastegate voltage is a passage to manhood”? 😂
Pretty sure diggs sig had said it before, then he felt the need to mention he drives an automatic

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I didn’t even drive mine today, took the Burb to the weld shop for gas on the way into work.

But, before work I installed the R33 transmission and temporarily installed the existing downpipe & Midpipe (I added a V band and Wideband O2 to) so it’s ready for the exhaust build tomorrow morning.

Also serviced the diff and got the billet intake manifold in place (temporarily) so I can move onto cold side charge pipe fabrication once a few more 3” couplers come in. It’s exciting seeing everything coming together

F6A28C32-6153-49FF-B4CB-DE535B5B6971.jpeg
470A37A2-7BB5-471D-B1D9-741670214DAA.jpeg

I will say one thing, owning a two post lift & transmission jack is like cheating. I’d highly recommend prioritizing both if you regularly turn wrenches.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I didn’t even drive mine today, took the Burb to the weld shop for gas on the way into work.

But, before work I installed the R33 transmission and temporarily installed the existing downpipe & Midpipe (I added a V band and Wideband O2 to) so it’s ready for the exhaust build tomorrow morning.

Also serviced the diff and got the billet intake manifold in place (temporarily) so I can move onto cold side charge pipe fabrication once a few more 3” couplers come in. It’s exciting seeing everything coming together

View attachment 238524View attachment 238525
I will say one thing, owning a two post lift & transmission jack is like cheating. I’d highly recommend prioritizing both if you regularly turn wrenches.
Suuuure…. Just let me go buy Property to build a 30k sq ft warehouse to put them in like you lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Suuuure…. Just let me go buy Property to build a 30k sq ft warehouse to put them in like you lol

Add one 15x24 or 30’ deep bay to your existing garage.

Or put a lift in the existing garage. A buddy at work put the same lift I have in his two car (cut holes in the ceiling to fit the last few inches of the posts).

Those were things I considered along with a four post lift in the OG two car before I decided to go big.