GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Immmm ceramic coating my calipers. Did the wheels the other day! Doing 2 coats then installing the wheels. Got a neat third brake light sticker that I want to install today too

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Immmm ceramic coating my calipers. Did the wheels the other day! Doing 2 coats then installing the wheels. Got a neat third brake light sticker that I want to install today too
What ceramic did you go with for the calipers?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
7CF68D29-FC7F-4B11-84BC-1FA1B9BF97C1.gif

finally put the wheels on! Coated wheels and calipers

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Something unpopular I suspect, but unexpectedly and surprisingly made progress on Soundaktor retrofit, thanks to @downtime from the Ross-Tech forums.

Anyone with a non-GTI/R that has tried this retrofit (just me, fine, whatevs 😂) knows about the incorrect vehicle type or incorrect engine type fault that won't clear.
The soundaktor is a "dumb module" with no component protection and also no coding. It's connected to drivetrain can bus and power/ground The software dataset in the module includes both VIN (vehicle) and engine type mask. If either of these "checks" fails the module throws an unclearable fault and will not work.

Thanks to the research and work of some MQB enthusiasts in several countries It is possible to get a dataset without those masks. I was provided such a dataset by @downtime.

First time loading anything with ODIS -E. Soundaktor module loaded. No faults. And the output test played the weird noises! Still need to go for a drive as there's still one potential hiccup regarding driving profiles, but I'm excited.
PXL_20220123_082156239.jpgPXL_20220123_082217434.jpgPXL_20220123_082908475.MP.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Something unpopular I suspect, but unexpectedly and surprisingly made progress on Soundaktor retrofit, thanks to @downtime from the Ross-Tech forums.

Anyone with a non-GTI/R that has tried this retrofit (just me, fine, whatevs 😂) knows about the incorrect vehicle type or incorrect engine type fault that won't clear.
The soundaktor is a "dumb module" with no component protection and also no coding. It's connected to drivetrain can bus and power/ground The software dataset in the module includes both VIN (vehicle) and engine type mask. If either of these "checks" fails the module throws an unclearable fault and will not work.

Thanks to the research and work of some MQB enthusiasts in several countries It is possible to get a dataset without those masks. I was provided such a dataset by @downtime.

First time loading anything with ODIS -E. Soundaktor module loaded. No faults. And the output test played the weird noises! Still need to go for a drive as there's still one potential hiccup regarding driving profiles, but I'm excited.
View attachment 236645View attachment 236646View attachment 236647

giphy (7).gif

Just kidding.

Sorry, I don't have any relevant info :(

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
My dealer in Calgary said they only sell concentrate now, the premix down to -40C/F wasn't good enough for some areas
Here on the west coast of Canada, our choices are concentrate in the 1L bottle, or pre-mix 50/50 in the 4L jug.
Given "brutally cold" here is around -15°C, the pre-mixed stuff does the trick in these parts.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I broke one of the center caps putting the wheels on, no biggie, i'll get a new one! Call Audi today for 1 CENTER CAP... $126 a piece. :mad: just ordered a 4 piece off of Amazon, next day shipping, for $28 lol. Even if they fall apart and corrode, I've got four of them haha

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I broke one of the center caps putting the wheels on, no biggie, i'll get a new one! Call Audi today for 1 CENTER CAP... $126 a piece. :mad: just ordered a 4 piece off of Amazon, next day shipping, for $28 lol. Even if they fall apart and corrode, I've got four of them haha
The quality of the plastic in the aftermarket knock-offs is way lower than the OEM stuff - much more brittle and prone to breakage.
But yeah - the fact that you could buy a 16-pack for the price of *one* OEM....I'd be more than happy to deal with the substandard quality, too.