GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Got some Euro lower profile rear head rests. What a pain to find cloth ones with red stitching but I'm glad they match the rest of the interior.

PXL_20220114_205547457.jpg

Also got some deAutoLEDs installed. Front ambers, glovebox, trunk, reverse lights, license plate markers, and rear brake/turn/marker. It's nice to be able to see things in the glovebox and trunk at night.

PXL_20220113_024414195.jpg

I can actually see things in the trunk at night now. That's nice.
PXL_20220113_031624654.jpg

PXL_20220113_031611888.jpg

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Got some Euro lower profile rear head rests. What a pain to find cloth ones with red stitching but I'm glad they match the rest of the interior.

View attachment 235696

Also got some deAutoLEDs installed. Front ambers, glovebox, trunk, reverse lights, license plate markers, and rear brake/turn/marker. It's nice to be able to see things in the glovebox and trunk at night.

View attachment 235697

I can actually see things in the trunk at night now. That's nice.
View attachment 235698

View attachment 235699
Where'd you get those headrests from?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed a BFI catch can and bed in the brakes. Install went fairly smooth although somewhat confusingly the BFI catch can mount doesn’t seem compatible with my BFI motor mounts. Zips tie to the rescue.
F4B8C5E0-1C52-4059-9592-348F7231C40A.jpeg

37DA064C-08E0-4B13-B04A-49629FE9EC6A.jpeg

Took the car for a test drive after to check nothing was wrong and confirm I didn’t have any boost leaks. I actually had not gone full throttle in the car since installing EQT stage 2 tune (I drive like a grandpa around town). I am amazed at how much harder the car pulls compared the JB4 setup (although it is an extra 50-60hp so should I be surprised??). The new brake setup also feels fantastic.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry @Chet Ubetcha. Been good for almost a year with the Rennwagen spoiler, but couldn't pass up the opportunity.

1642279972735.png

1642279990776.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Scheduled turbo (Tomioka IHX475) install 😬.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I retired out of a branch clinic in Kings Bay, that fell under the NAS Jax hospital , and my wife worked at the hospital, until retiring last year.

We live just south of Jacksonville in Fleming Island. It's a nice area, but housing prices have almost doubled in the last couple years as every retiree from NY and NJ has decended in the area with crazy cash offers on any house they can get their hands on.

Another good area is Southside, but rents and prices are skyrocketing all over the area. It used to be an affordable city, decent entertainment and city type activities, especially given how affordable it was, and great location for a car guy, with Sebring, Daytona, FIRM, Roebling, and Road Atlanta all pretty accessible without to much of a stretch.

If I were moving here today, I'd feel a little underwhelmed with what you get for the cost of living, but it could be worse.

For reference, I have a friend with a nice apartment on the Southside overlooking the intercoastal water way, was paying $1400 a month for a 2 bedroom. Went up to almost $1900 this year.

At this point, you're better off buying, except, you can't find a house to buy in a decent area that you don't have to fight off the Jersey horde offering $60k over asking, cash, no inspection.

It's going to take 20 years to thin out the boomers to get this area back to a nice to mediocre city that's affordable.
Not wrong about all of that. In live near Bowden where they have all the for rent only neighborhoods and it's driving prices in this area through the roof. Jax has had the 2nd highest rent/mortgage increase in the country. Houses that normally are 200k are selling for 415k it's insane.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Not wrong about all of that. In live near Bowden where they have all the for rent only neighborhoods and it's driving prices in this area through the roof. Jax has had the 2nd highest rent/mortgage increase in the country. Houses that normally are 200k are selling for 415k it's insane.
Jax is a high-demand city right now and unfortunately we just aren’t building enough new housing in the right places currently. Hopefully the supply and demand balances out before too long.

Personally, I love Jax. But if I were renting and facing some of the crazy rent increases, I would be asking questions about do I want to live here. Thankfully I already own a home here.